Sign in to follow this  
Lunch ROCS

LunchBox and Grasshopper. How many will you buy??

I just cant wait for the re-releases on these two. [:P]I bought 2 Hornet kits when the were released as they were quite cheap from Japan.. I can see myself doing the same with the Lunch Box and the Grashopper. Although, I can also see myself buying lots of spare body kits for the LB and spare rear padlatrac tyres for the GH. I suppose that many of you will be doing the same. Is it possible that as you get older and have real money to spend, that you turn into an even bigger kid than what you were..[:D] How many of these new kits are you planing on buying???

two of each at least, maybe more. Although i need to get another hornet and BMW, and a couple of integrales too. [:)]

I see that some traders are trying to unload Lunchboxes before the value drops like a stone.

i will have a LB i think

Hey fellas, I want two of each but probably can only afford one of each as there are too many other items to get as well [:(].

chris

A bare minimum ! 2 of each [:I][:P] One runner , And one for the showroom. Not to greedy is it ??[:(]

Agreed with "bugged".

Just a bare minimum for now, 2 for each, 1 runner, 1 NIB.

There's no need to concern about spare parts or anything like that for now, since they just re-release, there's gonna be a lot of these on the market, and also no need to think for investment for now, coz it gonna need a long time before this re-releases become another vintage.

Unfortunately, for me, I can't even afford anything right now. [V]

I'll be etting a Lunch Box as I had an original!!

The Grasshopper I won't bother with as like The Hornet I don't really care for them!!

One of each for starters and see how it goes from there i think..

to many other cars i want to get to start collecting multiple of 1 car

Chris

I am hoping that sellers will break up the kits as all I want are rear paddle trak tires and a couple of Lunch Box body kits

Ohh thanks tamiyaRC, So thats now 3 of each then[:(][:(] I forgot about nib.....[;)]

Bugged

I hope the rest of the r/c world buys up the re-releases too. I'm glad to see at least us TC members make the effort to make it somewhat economically viable for Tamiya. Each successful re-release brings us closer to the improbable arrival of a new 3-speed! Anyway, to the topic at hand...

I don't think I'll buy a Grasshopper, since I already have a Super Hornet. I do like the look of the original Grasshopper though. I think the hard body looks better than Hornet shell. The Lunch Box, on the other hand is a kit I've been after for a while now![:D] I'll probably only buy one and use it as a runner, but I'll need one for the shelf eventually. I also can't wait for my brand new XJR-12.[;)]

I'm still eyeing the Dyna Storms on eBay, and am always on the prowl for an XR311. Long live the re-releases!

one of each...I wouldn't buy more I think, I'd rather buy something else for a little variety! Who knows though!

Sorry to inerupt the topic,but everyone seems like there buying 2 at least of a nib kit [8)]

Are you all very rich or something,i haven't even dreamed about buying a nib cit,due to there very high price.

For a +- 100 us$ kit you don't have to be a milionair,

If you want to play, you have to pay :)

You have to see it this way:

Go out friday night, spend 100US$ or Euro on drinks, now that is not so hard

to do.

Or, skip this friday and buy a NIB luchbox!

Just a case of setting your priority's

Or just work 60+ hours a week and buy a kit if you want it.

I order a NIB of both, maybe a 2e lunch box for parts after that.

Stefan

or wait for the company you work for to supply the yearly bonus and then spend up big :)

roll on june !

still only 1 of each tho, will all be shelf queens and nothing more

Chris

hehe no chrissy bonus for me, just a mid year one, as well as a pay rise... oooh pay rise = even more kits !

Chris

quote:
Originally posted by Stefan

For a +- 100 us$ kit you don't have to be a milionair,

If you want to play, you have to pay
:)

You have to see it this way:

Go out friday night, spend 100US$ or Euro on drinks, now that is not so hard

to do.

Or, skip this friday and buy a NIB luchbox!

Just a case of setting your priority's

Or just work 60+ hours a week and buy a kit if you want it.

Stefan

id="quote">id="quote">

Very well put.

Personally I am not a fan of re-releases at all.

But if they come out, I might as well buy them. BUT it does detract hugely from the appeal for me which is more about hunting down the cars and parts rather than just going to the local store and picking one up.... hey ho, maybe I am just living in the past[:P]

Working like a dog as his + points!

quote:or wait for the company you work for to supply the yearly bonus and then spend up big
:D

roll on june !

id="quote">id="quote">

Now, that is going to get me that Leopard A6 <yeehaaaa>

Stefan

I would love to be able to afford one of anything at the moment!!! having been out of work for 7 months!!! oh why did i leave London!! ordered a hornet coz i THOUGHT a job was OK but got sack!! had to cancel (cheers James) have a job a Tesco - just started, have to put the RC on back burner for now!! (want a Dyna, Toureg and a LB)[:)] have to wai till have spare money [:(][:(]