trucknut

Pumpkin Stunts

As you all may know the midnight pumpkin was a very durable rc truck. I was able to jump mine a distance of around 3 feet off an xfactor skateboard ramp, I didn't want to jump it any higher for fear of the body cracking. How far have you guys jumped your pumpkins.

I regularly take my LunchBox (same chassis) down to the local skate park. It rides the 12ft ramps easily, probably gets 6ft air over the spine if I do it right. If I mess it up it generally means back on ebay for more body mounts!

Really! Im surprised the springs can absorb that impact. Are they stock springs?

Upgraded to CVAs (oil filled). There's not that much impact if you get it right, as it lands on the down ramp facing down. It's all about throttle control when it's in the air to control the rotation. I've not quite mastered it (compared to some of the people I bash with - there's a guy who can backflip an FG beetle over it perfectly every time), but good enough to not damage it and get some decent air.

Upgraded to CVAs (oil filled). There's not that much impact if you get it right, as it lands on the down ramp facing down. It's all about throttle control when it's in the air to control the rotation. I've not quite mastered it (compared to some of the people I bash with - there's a guy who can backflip an FG beetle over it perfectly every time), but good enough to not damage it and get some decent air.

I'd love to see a vid of that! :)

I'd love to see a vid of that! :)

Whenever I video anything it always goes spectacularly wrong.

I gave my TT-01 to my brother so I could film it whizzing by at 35mph...he drove it into a kerb.

Whenever I video anything it always goes spectacularly wrong.

I gave my TT-01 to my brother so I could film it whizzing by at 35mph...he drove it into a kerb.

LMAO.

I keep braking the bottom mounts of the front shocks on my lunchbox.