Sign in to follow this  
RedFrits

Tt-01e Body On Tl-01

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if the TT01-E Porsche body (51336) would fit a TL-01 chassis? I see no drilled holes in the body but I'm not sure about the wheelbase and especialy the steering section. I would like to mount the #racing LED unit into it...

Thanks!

Maurits

PS No option to purchase entire TT-01E, girlfriend just got over the Durga I purchased last year....

Well ive got both sat here and the tt body fits the tl-01 ok ie: same body posts line up and wheels sit were they should in the arches.

you can buy just the body set with decals but the one ive seen does not have the lighting kit nore the buckets. included hes just selling kit in in parts.

hope this helps and the tt body comes pre drilled the antena hole in in the roof @ the front above the screen were the tl is rear centre between posts

im running the straight posts on rear of tl and the bent type on the front ....

c.

Well ive got both sat here and the tt body fits the tl-01 ok ie: same body posts line up and wheels sit were they should in the arches.

you can buy just the body set with decals but the one ive seen does not have the lighting kit nore the buckets. included hes just selling kit in in parts.

hope this helps and the tt body comes pre drilled the antena hole in in the roof @ the front above the screen were the tl is rear centre between posts

im running the straight posts on rear of tl and the bent type on the front ....

c.

I see.. When I look at the picture (http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-190mm-tamiya-porsche-2007-body-51336-p-26637.html?cPath=438_875) it seems that the buckets are not included... LED's will be bought seperate..

I'll find out what parts I need more to make this work

Thanks!

model-direct in hong kong on ebay says complete body set with decals but you can bet its just body / wing / decals. worth emailing him or try stella see what they got . your talking 30 for body + lights + paint + wheels & tyres. may be cheaper to buy the kit and have it sent to diffrent address so the better half dont find out lol

good luck

c.

Can anyone tell me if the TT01-E Porsche body (51336) would fit a TL-01 chassis? I see no drilled holes in the body but I'm not sure about the wheelbase and especialy the steering section. I would like to mount the #racing LED unit into it...

the matte black GT3 shell fits on the "shorter" wheelbase TT01 (rear arms flipped forwards), it is not std touringcar length

lightcups should come in the bodyset

you can fit any lightkit into it, usually most coys will use all 5mm LEDs in their kits which will fit headlight & brakelight.

Tamiya likes to use 3mm LEDs for the winkers which you can either drill out the holes in the cups to fit 5mm

or change the LEDs to 3mm yourself.

Isn't a TT-01E 251mm wheelbase?

... and a TL-01 and TT-01 257mm wheelbase??

I thought that. The SX4 TT01E certainly is 251mm. Maybe you can build it as either. 251 or 257.

I thought that. The SX4 TT01E certainly is 251mm. Maybe you can build it as either. 251 or 257.

As far as I know the rear arms are reversible and will enable you to swap from a 257 to a 251mm wheelbase. The TL01 doesn't include such a feature - but you can shorten the chassis by cutting it in half, removing a little space and then reconnecting it. If you do this very precisely you might even be able to reconnect the front gearbox for 4WD (with a custom shorter shaft, that is).

The OP was asking if a 251mm body will fit on a TL-01 257mm chassis. The answer is no from what has been said, not unless you modify and shorten the TL-01.

You can shorten by cutting 3mm from each suspension arm/hinge mount and then add a 3mm shim to the other side to move the arms closer together to achieve the 251mm required. Cutting a TL-01 in half isn't impossible. I don't think it would be very strong though, and the custom driveshaft would be fun to make.

Thanks for all the responses!

Looking further in the matter has shown me that indeed the wheelbase is different, so fitting the body on the TL-01 would make it a challange..

Okay, since I do not want to own too much models, I think I will put my TL-01 up for sale. It is completely hopped up with 3 additional boddies. I throw in my TL-01B since I do not use that anymore. This way I have enough room to put a TT-01E on the shelve :rolleyes: .

Keep the TL01 and sell the girlfriend.

Selling? I have to add money !!!

No, she is sweet and gives me all the room necsecary. In a relationship, it is a ballance. If she approves all my things, I also have to approve all her things :rolleyes:

Keep the TL01 and buy her some shoes? lol

just messing.

She rides horses as a hobby... think she would settle for a horse instead of shoes :rolleyes:

But serious, would a TT01-E be a goof choice or is the TB03 be a better choice?

Depends on what you want. The TB03 is the much better chassis design than the TT01E, even when you start throwing upgrades at the TT01E, but only the TT01E and DF03RA can be built with a 251mm wheelbase for the Porsche GT3 body. Of course you can remove material and add spacers to the hinge pins to shorten the wheelbase yourself.

HPI do a 257mm/190mm Porsche GT3. I wouldn't says it's as nice as the Tamiya one though. Tamiya do pull the nicest bodies I've used.

Terry is spot on with the TT-01E, it's an entry level chassis and even after hopups just a blinged entry level car. TB03 (257mm) and DF-03RA are far superior chassis and more mid level with some tunability. TL-01 is really an entry level chassis too, but I'd buy a TL-01 before I'd buy a TT-01... actually, I love the new Countach, but my dislike TT-01E chassis will prevent me from buying it as a kit (I wonder if the front tower on a TA-02 is low enough to fit under the nose).