Squares_

Monster Beetle, Best Way To Buy/restore One?

But that's what makes the end result yours! :D

Can't I just buy a really nice one and put my name on it? :lol:

Joking apart, I am looking forward to getting going with it actually, but have lots on at the moment, and I haven't heard from the seller since the auction..... B)

Know the feeling - just can't find the time to sit down and get going on mine at the moment. Looks like quite good with the stripped shell on it though sitting there waiting for some TLC.

It's a Monster Beetle.

It is also missing the front skid plate.

The rear body mounts look a little whack. It is definitely missing the cross brace.

I've got loads of spares email and let me know what you need....

Here's some pictures for you Squares of my Monster Beetle project

I started with a MudBlaster which is essentially the same chassis. After changing the rear bodymounts you can see the Blitzer body fits on with no mods. You can use a Blitzer Beetle nose cone but I'm anal so have ordered a repo MB cone.

BeetleProject002.jpg

I've also added the MB guard at the back which isn't essential for a runner but will help a bit to prevent any damage if it lands on it's tail.

BeetleProject007.jpg

Hello!

Thanks for all the words of encouragement and offers of parts, I will certainly be needing all the help I can get.

The main problem at the moment is that the seller hasn't contacted me?! I fear I may have been guzumpted......hopefully he is just away on holiday or something.... :rolleyes:

Thats a bummer Squares. I take it you have paid for it yes? Some sellers don't send invoices, if you're waiting for an invoice chances are he's sitting at the other end thinking who's this fool who hasn't paid yet? :rolleyes:

I hope you do get it though as it is perfect for a resto. It has a couple of parts that can be troublesome to find such as the Beetle rear bumper and the battery tray pin. All you'd need to complete is body mounts and a body.

Keep us posted what happens.

Thats a bummer Squares. I take it you have paid for it yes? Some sellers don't send invoices, if you're waiting for an invoice chances are he's sitting at the other end thinking who's this fool who hasn't paid yet? :o

I hope you do get it though as it is perfect for a resto. It has a couple of parts that can be troublesome to find such as the Beetle rear bumper and the battery tray pin. All you'd need to complete is body mounts and a body.

Keep us posted what happens.

true

sometimes you dont get an invoice.

have you tried to contact him through ebay?

and have you already payed?

Yes, its annoying and a little weird. I emailed before the auction and asked if I could collect, and the guy replied saying that was fine. When the auction ended I got an invoice straight away (I assume automatically) that included postage, so I asked if that could be removed as agreed so I could pay and let me know the contact details and I will arrange collection asap.

But then nothing......I followed up with another mail, but still nothing....... :o

Good news, the seller has been in contact, all underway again.

Will update when it arrives. :)