loaded

Small German Catapult Planes From Mid 80s

Can anyone remember small planes that were made by a German company (I want to say the name begins with an S) out of plastic and had amongst other designs, a swing wing. You would fold the wings back, fire it into the air using a rubber band catapult and when it reached the maximum height and there was no more pressure on keeping the wings back, they would fold forward and into position and the plane would glide down?

If you have any memory of these old planes, in plastic, from the mid eighties, that would be great. I have done a search on google.co.uk to no avail. They made other designs as well.

Something tells me health and safety have probably put a stop to these, but I would be interested in finding out if they still exist anywhere.

Paul.

Can anyone remember small planes that were made by a German company (I want to say the name begins with an S) out of plastic and had amongst other designs, a swing wing. You would fold the wings back, fire it into the air using a rubber band catapult and when it reached the maximum height and there was no more pressure on keeping the wings back, they would fold forward and into position and the plane would glide down?

If you have any memory of these old planes, in plastic, from the mid eighties, that would be great. I have done a search on google.co.uk to no avail. They made other designs as well.

Something tells me health and safety have probably put a stop to these, but I would be interested in finding out if they still exist anywhere.

Paul.

My kids have one each very similar. Chinese made though. But they work the same way. When you pull it back on the sling shot it pulls the wings back, they open back forward again when it reaches height to glide back to the ground.

Plastic main frame and foam wings.

I'll ask the kids if any of them are still operational and see what info I can grab from the planes and take a photo.

Cheers, Mark

These ones are called: Spin Master Air-Hogs

There's only 1 out of the 4 left and it's in a bad way... Kids will be kids.

TA-Mark-Spin_Master_Air-Hog-01.jpg

TA-Mark-Spin_Master_Air-Hog-02.jpg

Dunno if that's the ones you were talking about?

Hi there,

Similar principle, but not exactly. The wings fold flat and twist to be completely against the body. Thanks for the photos though!

Paul.