Sign in to follow this  
Pazzaroo

Operates The Wrong Way?!

Hey Guys,

Got my Tamiya Porsche 959 out of hibernation yesterday and repaired some parts and now it's fully working again ;)

However....

The controls seem to be the wrong way around??

Left = Right

Right= Left

Up = Reverse

Down = Accelerate

This was my uncles car used for racing before I acquired it many years ago and I can't remember if it was like this when I got it.

Is there anyway to sort it out? Or is this the correct way??

Thoughts...... Help!!

Jon

I don't know if old transmitters have it, but modern transmitters have 'reverse' switches on the controls. In this way you can reverse the control of the throttle and the steering. Maybe this could solve the problem?

Does your remote have servo reversing? basically just a small switch that says "N" and "R". Slide it to the other side for channel 2. That will sort the steering.

Is it a ESC or a MSC. (electronic speed controller.) (mechanical speed controller)

I don't know if old transmitters have it, but modern transmitters have 'reverse' switches on the controls. In this way you can reverse the control of the throttle and the steering. Maybe this could solve the problem?

******! I have a control at home that I believe has this and I'm not back for about a month! ;)

I have a... beat2 multi tilt stick system JR Propo.

Anything anyone knows about these?

If the transmitter doesn't have reversing switches but you can handle a soldering iron it's an easy fix. take the back off and each round potentiometer on each stick will have 3 wires connected to it. Swap over the two outer wires on each pot with a soldering iron and they will work the right way round.