Sign in to follow this  
bigoggy

Insuring R.c. Cars

does anyone have insurance for there cars? we are enquiring about contents insurance and most insurers wont cover my cars. they say they are a collecters item and so they need special insurance. are yours insured and who do you get cover from? i am in the u.k.

does anyone have insurance for there cars? we are enquiring about contents insurance and most insurers wont cover my cars. they say they are a collecters item and so they need special insurance. are yours insured and who do you get cover from? i am in the u.k.

I looked into it briefly and I found they don'y insure 'toys' - so I guess thats a no ,even though they are not toys to us ,they are seen as that to others

Don't know about UK tax rules. Here in Canada it would still be considered Personal Use property and are valued/taxed (if sold) as such. Only painting/stamps/coins and the like gets special consideration.

I would categorize them the same as antiques. You can get additional insurance for those. It's probably a good idea for a large/valuable collection. As for runners being insured, if it has enough value sure. People have gotten claims/reimbursement on RCs stolen form their car/home.

People really should get over this RCs are not collectible artworks and should be used idea. A stamp from 1900 is a stamp too. Should you posted on a letter?!

(This coming from a guy who runs a lot of nitro cars.)

Are runners collectors items?

all of mine are runners i don't consider them collecters items

insure? for what? :lol:

if you run in a track you're insured by track usually if you respect rules.

but insuring a toy? what's the point?

looking to insure them against theft. house contents refuse to cover them

My contents insurance covers it - although they are down as a personal item so are insured out of the house too - like the wifes jewellery, camera etc