lentner3

Tt-01 With Upgrade

Ok i think i've done nearly everything i can to this bar a new chassis.

What do you all think?

also any advice seting it up as i've built it up over a year but not really if i've got it running 100%

Had really good fun putting it together tho.

And boi does it shift. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

DSCF1476.jpg

DSCF1479.jpg

DSCF1481.jpg

DSCF1483.jpg

I've got a front and rear stabilizer kit to go on it too will this make a lot of difference.

Bit reluctant to take the carbon strut off tho.

what do you recommend,

I think the Ansmann is great for the price it's a 15 turn.

I also have some sports tuned but this is a lot quicker my esc goes down to 13 i think.

What is a good choice and how much am i looking at paying?

what do you recommend,

I think the Ansmann is great for the price it's a 15 turn.

I also have some sports tuned but this is a lot quicker my esc goes down to 13 i think.

What is a good choice and how much am i looking at paying?

Dont bother with the ansmann's. Like HBM said if you think its fast now wait untill you get a good motor. :lol:

The sport tuned motor is a 23 turn so your ESC will take it. But to be honest its not that much quicker than a stock silver can.

Your ESC can handle motors down to 13 turns as it is the mc330cr.

If you want your battery to last a decent amount of time go for a 19 turn motor. They have a good balance of power and run time. The venom one in the link is a good one.

If you want maximum power and are not fussed about run time it comes in 15 turns

And in 13 turns.

Hope it helps :)

my packs are 3300 's and i have quite a few and a good charger for them so run times are not too big a problem.

So i am happy with the 15 turn.

Compared to the stock silver can and the sports tuned it is far far quicker almost as quick as i can handle.

What difference will a decent 15 or 19 turn motor show me?

for the money you can't go wrong with the Ansmann and I'm not in to motor maintenance so seem the right choice for me.

What is a good low maintenance decent 15 or 19 turn motor that will give me more power?

If you want your battery to last a decent amount of time go for a 19 turn motor. They have a good balance of power and run time. The venom one in the link is a good one

Unless Venom have picked up their act in the last 12 months, their motors are about par with the Ansmann. You get what you pay for... Trinity, Orion... Try one of these 19T double mods and it will make the 15Turn Ansmann or Venom look weak.

where is the best place to get one?

Huge list here. The Venom motors are in the $20US bracket, decent motors are in the $40US bracket. We used to have a joke local about the Venom motors because it was all we were able to buy local. They named them 'Fireball' because they burn up so fast. Now the LHS stocks Ansmann too, we were overjoyed and continued to shop online.

For the best performance with low maintenance you want to look at the Team Orion Element V2 or the Team Checkpoint Money Motor If those seem expensive then have a look at the Team Orion SV2 The round/angled brushes give you better performance with up to 10 times more use between needing any maintenance than normal motor brushes.

Paying extra now works out cheaper in the long run.

cheers both look like options.

What is involved in servicing a motor changing brushes ect. and is it difficult.

cheers both look like options.

What is involved in servicing a motor changing brushes ect. and is it difficult.

It's dead easy. The only complication comes if the brushes are soldered in, then you'll need to get a soldering iron and brush up your soldering skills. Most brushes are held in with a spring, and have a pigtail that screws into the endbell with an eyelet. So it's very simple to replace them.

It's a case here of prevention being better than cure.

The main part of servicing a motor is keeping it clean. If the motor gets too dirty, it will prematurely wear the brushes and score the commutator on the armature and bushes/bearings. Use motor cleaner spray (not WD40) to clean it out if it gets dusty.

Don't oil the brushes.

You can get something called commutator drops for the commutator/brushes, but these aren't really necessary.

Another cause of premature motor death is overloading it, usually from being overgeared. Doing this can burn the comm and brushes.

If the brushes are worn, or burnt (blue tinged), then you should replace them.

If the commutator becomes scored/burnt, you can try having the comm skimmed. A hobby shop should be able to do this for you, or if you are serious you can get comm lathes to do this (expensive). Otherwise, you would need to replace the entire rotor.

- James

Servicing motors in most cases can just be replacing the brushes when they are worn down.

To get the performance back to as new the armature is removed and skimmed on a commutator lathe to make it round again, it wears to a triangular shape that causes the brushes to bounce off the armature and reduce power. Several hobby shops offer this service, usually at a local club there's a racer or two who can do it for you as well, usually just costs a pound or two.

Use motor cleaner spray (not WD40) to clean it out if it gets dusty.

Why not WD40? Could this by why my VLB has suddenly got slower?

For the best performance with low maintenance you want to look at the Team Orion Element V2 or the Team Checkpoint Money Motor If those seem expensive then have a look at the Team Orion SV2 The round/angled brushes give you better performance with up to 10 times more use between needing any maintenance than normal motor brushes.

Paying extra now works out cheaper in the long run.

Looks good overall...I will second the Checkpoint Money or on the cheaper side also try the Trinity Komodo