Sign in to follow this  
necronomicon

Tt-01 Propshaft Play

Granted, you get what you pay for and the T-01 is a budget chassis!

Upgraded to the alu propshaft, but always been aware that there is a lot of lateral 'play' in the shaft, leading to vibration and presume loss of power at higher revs, anyone any fixes or view on this please?- when i move the chassis forward, under 'arm' power, you can see the prop moving left to right and not just rotating perfectly about a single axis.

Cheers

Necro.

Hey mate, ive got a couple of tt01's. Have you upgraded the bearing also? There is a lot of slop with the std shaft, but the alloy shaft/bearings should sort it.

Also check that the shaft has been re-fitted correctley, there is a few tricky bits that can be a pain. I forgot to put one of the small pins back in when i fitted my alloy shaft.

Ive also heard of people leaving one of the shaft 1150 bearings out on the workbench!

Might be worth checking the alloy shaft isnt bent, just roll it on a flat surface (sorry to state the obvious!)

Let me know how you get on buddy.....

KingPin

assuming you've got all ballbearings & they're in the right spots :wacko:

TT01's plastic cups aren't that true, they can run wobbly

can replace with TT01E's alloy shaft set which includes the 2 cups in billet alloy too

i don't think wobble makes huge difference to performance anyway, you just don't want the stock plastic shaft flexing enough to rub against its chassis channel

Thanks for tips guys, will double check, you never know!

Took this one out for a bash today and it runs fine (Black Ferrari Enzo shell), see the videos for more......(Lets bash!)

Mine has very little lateral play with an alloy prop shaft bearings and plastic cups..I would check to see If it's bent at all and if your not running bearings get some.

for 1st time builders... some ppl forget to put in the spacer between the 2 bearings - in the front cup shaft?