Jammer

Retro Racers At Hinckley Radio Controlled Car Club

Got a few photos of some of the Retro Racer cars at todays meeting. Missed a few - notably Wrightpumpkin's Transit Lunchbox - a sight (not) to be missed! - then there were a couple of Mardave Cobras, a Bear Hawk, and a very nice looking Schumacher Cougar.

The early arrivals got together for a group shot. Purple one is Simon's Top Force

img4977_20062009205816_1.jpg

A right pair of Brats. Grey one is Wrightpumpkins - Red one mine.

img4977_20062009205816_2.jpg

Brat and Willy just like getting their photos taken!

img4977_20062009205816_3.jpg

Olly's Racing team - seems to have left the lunchbox at home this week.

img4977_20062009205816_4.jpg

Jammers Frog and Yokomo. His Lunchbox suffered some very early plastic fatigue - he broke it in the car on the way to the track - a new track record for fastest failure knocking Olly's Lunchbox from first place!!!

img4977_20062009205816_5.jpg

What a fantatsic day's racing - glad to see a good turn out of racers from TC - cheers guys. Wrightpumpkin's Brat performed admirably with a very respectable 4th place in the final. Eddystone's Brat let him down again in the final, but at least his Wild Willy had everyone enthralled - so much so that I'm sure we'll be seeing others getting their Wild Willies out at the next meeting. :o

James

Ill get the transit in the next set of pics. Hopefully we will get a good turn out of LB's and MP's for a proper funny race, with a few willys aswell

Ill get the transit in the next set of pics. Hopefully we will get a good turn out of LB's and MP's for a proper funny race, with a few willys aswell

Te hehe - you wrote Willy!

I've got a new chassis on order for my VLB - should be back on the road for next time. Couldn't believe how much threadlock affected the plastic - I'll be using nylock nuts from now on.

James

Hi Folks,

I've attached a YouTube link to videos taken from the last two race meetings at Hinckley Radio Controlled Car Club (HRCCC), which includes footage of the Retro Racers series.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrHailMing

Wrightpumpkin's brother also kindly took a video of a Retro Racers heat during this week's meeting (see link)

You'll find other great videos associated with this link.

Hope you enjoy them.

Cheers

James

I've been having a look at Jammers videos of the last Retro Racers meeting - you MUST watch the complete Retro final. The racing looks great and it's very funny, especially the commentary from Dale.

Shame my Brat only managed half a lap in the spotlight before it's 3 wheeled death dive over the barriers!!

Richard

Some new photos from todays Retro Racers now in my showroom. !!!LINK!!!

Good fun day out again - and this week it wasn't me who finished a race with 3 wheels!!!

Already looking forward to next week.

Richard

Good fun day out again - and this week it wasn't me who finished a race with 3 wheels!!!

Yes...Yes - it was my Frog this time :lol: however it is the first occasion the car has let me down this season. Correct me if I wrong, but I think you still hold the record for retirements. :o

BTW - Nice start line photos Richard.

James

will be good to see your willy again next week, it was funny. that is if you decide to get it out

Oh he will - they don't call him "Tricky Dicky" for nothing.

Right then Retro Racers - it's nearly the weekend again and that means just one thing - yes, nearly race time again. What else has kept us sane at work through the heat of this week other than the thought of getting back to the track this Saturday afternoon?!! Again we'll be aiming to start racing at 12.45 - with the finals run by about 5pm. I'm in a good mood ( and 25% dafter than before! ) as I've had my troublesome wisdom tooth out. I've also bought a new retro racers pits extension tent to keep us all cool and shaded ( or maybe warm and dry, depending on the weather! ). Plenty of room for all so see you there. Come and make yourselves comfortable - bring a chair and a few retro cars and enjoy an afternoon out with us. The racing so far this season has been great fun so this week should be too.

See you Saturday.

Richard

I've also bought a new retro racers pits extension tent to keep as all cool and shaded ( or maybe warm and dry, depending on the weather! ). Richard

Richard was so pleased with his erection, he took some photos of it in the garden to show me. He also informs me it went up in seconds and is likely to stay up no matter what. Just don't tell his other half - he's keeping it a secret. (:huh: something doesn't sound right here)

Richard was so pleased with his erection, he took some photos of it in the garden to show me. He also informs me it went up in seconds and is likely to stay up no matter what. Just don't tell his other half - he's keeping it a secret. (:huh: something doesn't sound right here)

Uh-hum! Well, better share the pictures with everyone then!

Wet Willy and Newly Erected Pits Tent.

img4977_02072009231605_1.jpg

img4977_02072009231605_2.jpg

img4977_02072009231605_3.jpg

img4977_02072009231605_4.jpg

img4977_02072009231605_5.jpg

Another great days racing today - really enjoyed it again - laughed so much while racing it made my eyes water! Great fun with racing the big wheelers - my Willy was more than James' Box could handle. We had some great close action in the first heat but the Box's servo saver let it down after just one corner in the second heat and had to be retired.

Great news - I wasn't the first person to finish a race with three wheels - Jammer took that honour when the front shaft parted company with the upright on his Frog - usually that's my problem. Though I yet again ended the final with three wheels - this time breaking the centre clean out of my Frog front wheel ( usually James' problem!! ) Didn't let a small problem like a missing wheel end the racing though - completed the final on three wheels - fine for right hand corners - not so good going left!

Nice to see a Wild One and a MadBull joining in the racing this week - both went well - and both had some interesting modifications! ( Nice use of tiewraps Daryl!! )

Photos from today now in my showroom LINK

I understand there's to be a Stewards inquiry over the racing between Richard's Willy and my Box - cutting corners, ramming and wheelies are just some of the alleged infringements under scrunity :)

We got chatting today and thought that it would be great if we could have a heat of VLBs, Pumpkins and Willys - so if you're interested in having a laugh - let us know and we'll get something arranged. We really need a minimum of six (but more would be even better) to put on a separate heat.

Today's racing was confirmation that Retro Racers has firmly established itself as a fun racing class with universal appeal - this week we had a great mixture of experienced racers/newcomers of all ages. The spectators loved it and there was a real buzz around the track and pits from other racers who wanted to know more about the cars.

For me, the best thing about the meetings (other than Dale's BBQ) is the camaraderie that's developed between us - the banter and friendly spirit is exactly what the racing should be about. The meetings have given me the chance to meet some great guys from TC - so, cheers to everyone that's supported Retro Racers this season.

James

Right guys - it seems Dean and Daryl need our help in keeping our eyes peeled for Daryls stolen RC gear - scumbags nicked it overnight from his garage ( I bet it was the gearbox mod we did to the Madbull that tempted them!! ) We know the stuff and we're local so keep 'em peeled....

Some of the stolen items.

Right guys - it seems Dean and Daryl need our help in keeping our eyes peeled for Daryls stolen RC gear - scumbags nicked it overnight from his garage ( I bet it was the gearbox mod we did to the Madbull that tempted them!! ) We know the stuff and we're local so keep 'em peeled....

Some of the stolen items.

Dean,

Really sorry hear about this - I'll keep my eyes peeled. I've added a reply to your post - just let me know if Daryl wants the MT2 and I'll bring along next time we meet up.

James

It is good to see the Retro Racing Series has taken off.

But how many of you are booking in to the Tamiyaclub Off Road Championship in September ?

All that practice should see someone taking home a Trophy or two !

It is good to see the Retro Racing Series has taken off.

But how many of you are booking in to the Tamiyaclub Off Road Championship in September ?

All that practice should see someone taking home a Trophy or two !

Will there be a three wheeled race - Jammer and I are getting well practiced at them!!!

Will there be a three wheeled race - Jammer and I are getting well practiced at them!!!

I have just got myself a Frog off eBay for the 2wd event. Plus I have a Hotshot for the 4wd event and of course a Lunchbox for the Lunchbox/Pumpkin races.

Have a look at the Event info here on the forum - book in and race and you could be going home with a trophy or two wth TAMIYACLUB on it ! ! ! !

Me and bigoggy should be with you on saturday,i'm bringing a frog and a ultima if i can fix the broke spring collars.

Me and bigoggy should be with you on saturday,i'm bringing a frog and a ultima if i can fix the broke spring collars.

Hi Kriss,

May be reduced numbers there this coming weekend I'm afraid. I've got to work and Jammer is off being sociable elsewhere. Not sure about the other main troublemakers - Dean, Simon, Olly, Andy - maybe they wil post on here to say they're coming along so keep an eye open. You will ofcourse be made very welcome by the club even without me and James, and the retro class will be running as we have non Tamiyaclub members running retro regularly aswell. I'll be sorry to miss you though this time. Just incase you thought you might postpone it by a week there also no meeting on the 18th July - HRCCC race control are on holiday I think.

Hopefully catch up with you both soon - I look forward to seeing the Ultima running - possibly my favourite RC buggy ever - just looks great and was my first decent race car.

Richard

Hi Kriss,

Following on from Richard's post - the Club is excellent and will make you feel very welcome. Let me know if you need any help with the directions or information about the meeting. If you like I can also let race control (Scott) and the Chairman (Dale) know that you're coming along - both are great guys and avid fans of the Retro Racers class.

Cheers

James

Hi Kriss,

Following on from Richard's post - the Club is excellent and will make you feel very welcome. Let me know if you need any help with the directions or information about the meeting. If you like I can also let race control (Scott) and the Chairman (Dale) know that you're coming along - both are great guys and avid fans of the Retro Racers class.

Cheers

James

thanks for the welcome we are friends of igbandy from clumber,there are a couple more but like yourselves it's trying to get a date when we are all free,as for the ultima unfortunatly its got a optima chassis so no lovely cage chassis and narrow body but £5 at a carboot ready to run with a box of spares ,i can't really complane.