Sign in to follow this  
RedFrits

F350 Question

Hi all,

I'm thinking about purchasing a F350 (58397). I realise that you need a 3/4ch system, which I will be ordering as well. Additional, I want to but the TLU-01 LED system

I have two questions:

1) Do you need to use the MFC? I have read somewhere that shifting gears without this MFC can cause problems. This MFC is US$ 260,- and I think it is a LOT of money....

2) I want to put in some LED's using the TLU-01, which is meant for touring cars. What kind of additional LED's (dimension) do I need for the Foglights on the roof. Are these 3 or 5 mm??

Thanks for your help!!

Maurits

1; The MFC isn't needed to run the F350 HL. Any decent ESC will be ok. Have a look in the showrooms to see what other people are using.

Currently, I haven't got one in mine, but I did use LRP's Truck Puller ESC up until recently.

2; I think that it's the 5mm led's that you need to use.

The MFC really does complete the model and make it very realistic. One thing it does offer that a normal ESC doesn't is a clutch operation. You can drop the clutch or ride the clutch allowing you to crawl around very slowly. I also love the 3.5mm stereo input for an mp3 player, cruise around with your favourite tunes coming from the truck. I have a 1GB $20 mp3 player in my truck aswell. The MFC takes care of all the lighting too.

Don't think I would enjoy my F350 nearly as much with a normal ESC. For me it was worth every cent.

2; I think that it's the 5mm led's that you need to use.

I sorted it out, should be 3mm. But thanks for the aswer ;)

Okay, I placed the order!

- Toyata Hilux (58397)

- Futaba Skysport 4YF (with gearplate)

- Futaba (#MC330CR) FET Speed Controller

- 3Racing LED system

- additional LED's

Now I have to see how I am going to paint the thing. I got a paintbrush system from Revell from my girlfriend, maybe I should experiment with that.....

Bearings are probably a good idea too if you are going to run it. Big job to pull it down and fit them later not to mention the shafts that wear when using the plastic/brass bushes from the kit.

Bearings are probably a good idea too if you are going to run it. Big job to pull it down and fit them later not to mention the shafts that wear when using the plastic/brass bushes from the kit.

@%$#$# it! I thought they where included! I now see these are METAL bearings......

Ordering at Stella!

Thanks!!