Sign in to follow this  
hash...

A Good Motor Mount For A Ta02

Does any body know of a good make as i just spent 15 quid on one to find the holes dont match the original tamiya one????

That one will still fit. It's for 22T to 18T pinions. GPM make 2 types, the one you have there and one that is the same layout as the Tamiya original (21T to 16T). It only fits in 1 way up. That AsiaTees website I showed you before lists both.

That one will still fit. It's for 22T to 18T pinions. GPM make 2 types, the one you have there and one that is the same layout as the Tamiya original (21T to 16T). It only fits in 1 way up. That AsiaTees website I showed you before lists both.

on the original mount one side is 2mill shorter on the alloy mount they are the same length??? withh 22t would the gear ratio not be to tall??

Check that both posts fit into the gearbox casing and the rim part of the mount sits flush to the gearbox. It's only 4 screws to drop the gearbox off the rear to make life easier to fit it. The height of the posts is unimportant unless they are too long (file some off it it is). I marked my mounts so I know which set of holes is which (After some test fitting to workout which way it went).

22T pinion in a tourer would be fine with a Sport Tuned motor or some other brand 27 turn stock motor. 19T pinion with RZ/TZ 23 turn (18T on a tight running area where acceleration is more important than top speed).

Check that both posts fit into the gearbox casing and the rim part of the mount sits flush to the gearbox. It's only 4 screws to drop the gearbox off the rear to make life easier to fit it. The height of the posts is unimportant unless they are too long (file some off it it is). I marked my mounts so I know which set of holes is which (After some test fitting to workout which way it went).

22T pinion in a tourer would be fine with a Sport Tuned motor or some other brand 27 turn stock motor. 19T pinion with RZ/TZ 23 turn (18T on a tight running area where acceleration is more important than top speed).

i thought the 22t would be to much with the EZ9t???

i think the mount i have is a copy ive tryed it in all possitions with lots of pinions but it just looks wrong on the spur gear :D

I've bought Yeah Racing one's that I got off ebay from a seller in Australia. They are a good price and they have the right hole (16t-21t) pattern as well. Have a look in my showroom at the Manta Ray, same gear box. I just bought one for my Taisan Porsche as well.

One way to tell if it's fitted right, is when it's fitted, look at the gear casing from the opposite side to the motor, look between the bottom of the chassis and gear casing, if you can see loads of the motor mount, then it's mounted upside down/wrong way round.