Sign in to follow this  
snollan

The Smell of Parts in the Mail.

*** DISCLAIMER -- THIS IS NOT A KNOCK ON PEOPLE THAT SMOKE ***

*** I SMOKE CIGARS AND PIPES ***

Ok with that said on to my post. I've noticed that a lot of my parts have smelled like smoke when I got them. At first I just thought that the previous owners were smokers. However I just got some SS parts from STU and I asked him if he smokes. He doesnt' but when the parts showed up... they smelled like smoke. --That Lying *** (J/K). Then I noticed that the postal box smelled like smoke. I pulled out some other boxes and sure enough they smelled like smoke. Since we deal with RC parts, a simple wash and its solved. *BUT* what if you sent someone a work of art, or parchment documents!! Or even worse what if your NIB bruiser arrived smelling like **** or jetfuel!!

Think of it this way:

STU sent me that parts and it took 7 days. By the 7th day the whole box smelled like never saw fresh air.

So the next time you send Grandma a box of candy, make sure you put it in a zip-loc bag. icon_smile.gif

P.S No real point to this post. File this under "Isn't this odd"

mmmmmmmm Jet Fuel !!!

At first you had me wondering about this one...

But maybe you are on to something, I don't smoke, so the smell can't of come from me, so I wonder how this can come about.

You also got me thinking bigger..... what about all my stuff I'm shipping?? it will take a lot longer, being stuck on a ship for at least a month... yikes it's all gonna stink of fish !!! ahhhhhhh

or it really might get in a bad shape with all the salt water around.

hmmmmm maybe I should re-pack, but how to avoid any potential smell, or other postal problems??

Any one any ideas?

id='Verdana'>

Stu in Scotland

logo_member2.gif

logo_fin.gif

I find that certain types of foam packing chips smell of smoke, especially those beige chipolata sausage style ones !!!!

Edited by - Dazmeister on 29 Sep 2002 08:06:54

quote:

Cant say i go around smelling my post but if that works for you...
icon_smile_wink.gif

I have never noticed this before but i will take a quick smiff next time
icon_smile_big.gif

id=quote>id=quote>

I never did either tell one day I left a package in my room and the whole room smelled like smoke.

That happened to me but it was a pack of batteries that had shorted, whoops! Just as well there was nothing flamable in my tool box. The batteries were no good but hey.

Would customs & shipping folk fumigate all parcels? Some definitely xray them; after all you don't want to let alien bugs across the channel/Pacific/border. icon_smile.gif

HI, sean, hopefully your hotshot body will smell as fresh as roses, if not it'll probably smell of.......you guest it smoke! (even though I don't!)

Well, that's all my stuff packed up and shipped off......

here's hoping that a, it all makes it, and b, doesn't stink too much of either smoke, fish, beer, whatever...

keep your fingers crossed !!!

id='Verdana'>

Stu in Scotland

logo_member2.gif

logo_fin.gif