Sideways-King

My First Nights Racing......

2nd nights racing tonight :)

Front end fiddled with (now about 3mm of spacers) and put Red springs (no idea if they are any harder, but have read somewhere they may be, spoiler painted and will be fitted later...

:)

In the Tamiya tuning spring sets, the blue (least number of coils) is the hardest spring. Yellow is medium and the red is soft.

In the Tamiya tuning spring sets, the blue (least number of coils) is the hardest spring. Yellow is medium and the red is soft.

Yup - spot on - I run the red springs all round on my Mini much to everyone elses eyebrow raising - works for me though :)

Yup - spot on - I run the red springs all round on my Mini much to everyone elses eyebrow raising - works for me though :)

Hmm that works if we are talking Tamiya but Homer is racing Mardave. :)

Glynn the red springs are slightly harder, dont think the spring is any different just think the coating makes em a bit harder LOL.

The changes seemed to make a difference, still got oversteer which is slowing the laptime down, but getting used to it all now and once the steering has been sorted should be quicker.

Thats if in 2 races i dont get shunted over the track, meaning on one lap i miss out on 1/2 the track, and on the other race about to do the last bend, then get shunted over the track, past the transponder loop, i did try to double back but dont know if that counts on the system.

:)

New to Tamiyaclub, but long time reader. Reading this thread by chance the other week and I decided to just give it a go. Not used an RC car for well over 20 years, let alone raced. Skip is local to me and he was very kind in loaning me an m03 to visit Weeting on Wednesday.

Had a terrific time, you just cannot help but smile watching them little minis going round. Previously I had always been a buggy fan, but reading the thread and especially about Weeting I thought 'what the heck', and gave it a shot. Extremely friendly bunch and I was made to feel very welcome.

That's it now, I've been bitten! I'll be buying my own mini shortly.

Thanks to the contributors in the thread for the inspiration to give it a go, and especially to Skip. :D

morte

You are more than welcome morte - you omitted to mention you made pole position in the C-final on your first meeting too!

"The loaner" - she might not be pretty but she is ready to race - free grip-roll included :D

DSC01421.jpg

After reading this thread (several times i found it funny but yet a very good read) Im going to my first race on saturday, really looking forward to it. Its only a practise/fun day before the winter series kicks of in 2 weeks time so it should give me a chance to change anything or order stuff that might help for the new series. Just out of interest is everyone still racing that posted their experiences?

Oh yes, I'm still here lurking in the background and enjoying the racing. I've even spread my wings and entered a few competitions away from club racing albeit off-road. I've had a punt at Mardave's, I've got myself an F1 to build and the Schumachers I used to race I've sold on now as I kept breaking something every week and I just couldn't justify the cost of running them, although I have kept the original Mission as thats got our chassis upgrades on :mellow:

I've read alot about the mini's and again I've got a new build sat there unpainted so I'm going to get that up and running for the club nights. The lack of Tamiyas at club level, at least on-road anyway as they all seem to be Associated, X-Ray, Schumachers etc., is apparent. I did the off-road winter series at Ardent this weekend and the amount of Tamiya TRF's there were amazing. I've got the bug for the off-road racing at the moment, more than the Touring Cars, and if it's fun and bashing your into then a Short Course race is the one. Forget the bruised ego's, bad language and attitude with the serious racers, the podium is full of laughter and banter, it's a real hoot. The funny thing as well is all the serious racers of the 2wd and 4wd buggies, who ten minutes before we're breathing fire, are now surrounding the track with racous cheers and applauses as the 'rubbing' mid flight often wipes out several cars in one hit. Come on Tamiya, make me a SC Truck!

Brilliant stuff and a cracking read.

I've never owned a rug racer or a tarmac car,I raced 1/10th 4WD off road BITD and now just run an

old Cobra for thrashing about down at the local spot.

Wouldn't mind going and doing a bit of racing though,if there was a decent off road club in the locality.

Mark