Brett74

Monster Restore 99.9% Done.....

She was a real mess when i found her on eBay, original japanese shell with all new parts under the hood. I found a new set of wheels on eBay they must be one of the last sets around and they make it all come together...

post-20695-1236452731.jpg

post-20695-1236452743.jpg

post-20695-1236452756.jpg

She was a real mess when i found her on eBay, original japanese shell with all new parts under the hood. I found a new set of wheels on eBay they must be one of the last sets around and they make it all come together...

Looks good. Are you going to run it?

I was just about to say what I always do - RUN IT!

Until I saw the pictures...it really does look quite special. Get a beat up to run, and shelf that. Wow.

I was just about to say what I always do - RUN IT!

Until I saw the pictures...it really does look quite special. Get a beat up to run, and shelf that. Wow.

Thanks, it took me almost a year and god knows how much cash!!!! the wheels and tyres are 100 before any of the other new bits!!!!

Hi Brett thats really nice well done ;) I love the Beetle and have one myself from ebay. I paid quite a bit and have purchased a couple o fparts to bring it back to life, its in good condition but I do use it :) I never knew why people would have shelf queens but after building a brnad new Marui Ninja about 6 months ago and am yet to run it, I really can see why people decide to have shelf queens! I would say if you are in two minds then don't run it :)

I really am in two minds.....any thoughts?

I have 3 MBs I am going to sell two and the one I am keeping is going to be used, without reservation. However, you have put the a lot of hard work in and the slightest role will damage the paint work and knock off the front lights. It all depends on your future intentions. You could always buy a cheap heap from ebay and use that as your runner and keep your current one as a display model.

cheap heap is the way forward, keep that un good!!!

I've collected enough parts over the last year to build another Beetle to run and bash with so i'll get started on that soon, i'll need a body if anyone has one sitting around......

I gave in to the dark side and ran her today!!!! Equiped with an Ezrun brushless and good Lipo batt she went like a dream!!!! Back on the shelf for now tho!!!!

I gave in to the dark side and ran her today!!!! Equiped with an Ezrun brushless and good Lipo batt she went like a dream!!!! Back on the shelf for now tho!!!!

With brushless power and a LiPo, you didn't roll it?? :D

Wow :D Remember your first role will be the hardest, and it will hurt the most after that it you won't feel the pain so much.

LOL, you are brave. I had a gentle run on a 540 in my mind as I was reading the thread. At least she had a blast the once!