Jbo6543

Duratrax 16t Mild-mod Esc?

Hey guys....I fried my TEU-101BK in my re-re Lunchbox, and just replaced it with the Duratrax 16t mild mod ESC. Anybody here use this ESC?

I think I set it up properly, but I can't find an acceleration setting that gives me immediate acceleration. Moreover....I can't wheelie from a dead stop anymore! (what's the point in having a lunchbox, right?)

I've tried all the different setting combos for the acceleration/traction control (0.0/0.1/0.2 second delay) and the Reverse Delay settings (0.3/0.8 seconds) and still, I only get a gradual acceleration. My top-end speed is fine.

If I follow the lockout reverse settings, I actually lose the foward throttle instead...any ideas? (yes, my radio is set normally)

The one thing I'm not sure I set correctly is the ABS, because I can go directly to reverse from full throttle. I want to get this figured out before I strip my gears.

I guess I should have done more research on the ESC before buying it, did I make a good decision? I spent $70 US, I would expect better performance for that amount.

Also, How can I waterproof the ESC?

Lastly, the toggle on the on/off switch doesn't seem to be long enough to be effective if I installed it in the pre-determined slot on the chassis. Any suggestions where I should mount it?

Below, find the Duratrax product sheet for the ESC, thanks in advance for the help.

http://manuals.hobbico.com/dtx/dtxm1065-manual-v1_1.pdf

Sounds like it's wired in backwards. Reverse the motor wires, and on your transmitter. I did it too on an Mtroniks and got exactly what you're describing there...

Yep it's connected to the motor backwards. Swap the motor leads over and reprogram the throttle. If it goes in reverse when you move the throttle forwards, switch over the channel reverse on the transmitter and reprogram it again.

Yep, that was it.....I had switched the motor leads, but I was forgetting about the reverse on the radio. That's what was confusing me. Thanks again!