Panther F

Tamiya Kv-1 Tank Announced

OMG -wow A russian 1:16 tank from tamiya. I am very very excited what is the release dates.

I was looking at getting a panzer next but I might need to save up for this thing. My goal is to have my tamiya tank collection complete sometime late next year.

I was looking at getting a panzer next but I might need to save up for this thing. My goal is to have my tamiya tank collection complete sometime late next year.

Looks from the photos that the tank is very near production, if not already in production. Parts are on sprues, not like the Panther shown at Nuremburg, which was so obviously a hand made tank. Supposedly there will be a video shortly, if not already made, of the KV in operation.

Already the after market manufacturers are gathering info for parts production. Should be a very popular tank, and will sell well, especially in former SSSR and EU. I will pre-order when the moment it is possible.

Great to see something that is not German. Does this mean they're going on a Russian theme? What next, the T-34, JS , and SU series. Or for a real challenge how about a fully functional T-35.

Panther you are so right. I know people like tanks from other companies but nothing beats a good full option tamiya tank. I wonder if the motherland markings will be painted or decal...

Strike that -I am excited to paint the figure using my new set of water colors.

Other companies tanks are nice, but it's like comparing a U-Control line airplane to a R/C plane. I know there is a big price difference, but the Tamiya tank once experienced is like having your own miniature tank. And when you compare them to other forms of R/C, well they look even more affordable. The great thing is they are relatively maintenance free.

That old saying is true: "If you cannot run with the big dogs, stay on the porch!"

I think decals Snollan, no tamiya tank came so far with "paint" markings ( ehhm.. well.. you can.. but... )

Glad there is some more counterweight against all the german armour, hopefully Tamiya will see the light and

releases some modern equipment for a change :)

( still waiting for the hooben T-55 ) ..

But, hey, nice to see some new armour in the field anyway, i prefer to stick with Tamiya.

I think decals Snollan, no tamiya tank came so far with "paint" markings ( ehhm.. well.. you can.. but... )

Well, if your any good with a brush (and buy a great one) painting the Russian slogan on the turret would be a breeze. Just use enamel paint over a clear coated paint and use a #2 lead pencil to draw it out.

So it looks like a june release date then.. both the Hooben and the KV1. Time to hit the overtime.

Tru, i might skip the Kv-1 for now, for budget reasons, i hope to be able to buy 1 or 2 T-55's

( as i have the odd feeling there not going to be out there for a long time )

Tru, i might skip the Kv-1 for now, for budget reasons, i hope to be able to buy 1 or 2 T-55's

( as i have the odd feeling there not going to be out there for a long time )

If any of you want Russian slogans for your coming Russian tanks, let me know. Seems my wife speaks fluent Russian....because she is Russian.