TomWazza

Newbie : Whats It Worth...

Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering if I could have your opinions...

About a year ago I decided that I wanted to get an R/C car, after starting a post on this forum I found that a good model to go for at my level (newbie) would be the Tamiya Durga DB01 [RRP £178.50]. I looked around on eBay and found a used one that had been upgraded with a few hop-ups that included:

• An upgraded motor (V10 spec. 4 High RPM)

• Upgraded shocks (one of the original plastic ones broke so I bought a new set made from Aluminium)

• I believe it also has a ‘slipper clutch’, but I’m not sure what one looks like so don’t quote me lol

It was going for a good price so I went for it. On receiving it I was really impressed so went down to my local hobby shop and picked up all the gear I needed to get it working, such as:

• Ripmax Quake FBR No Limit Electronic Speed Control (£45).

• Two Ansmann sport batteries (1x3900 [£28.00] and 1x 3000mAh [£16.75]).

• A Delta 3 Pro Peak battery pack charger (£19.99).

• A Techniplus AP-202 remote control and servos (£35).

• A Uniross Sprint 1hr charger with 8x2700mAh AA batteries for the remote control (£10).

I used it for about four months and then slowly it stopped getting used until eventually it was packed away and put under my bed. A few of months on and I’ve got a couple of new hobbies (horology and photography) and I was thinking that if I sold my car and kit I could put the money towards a new watch or camera. However I’m unsure as to what some of this kit is worth, I still have the box for the car, but it does have some knocks and bumps (only aesthetic, not mechanical) does anyone have any ideas?

3365164893_9555ebecf3.jpg

3365988442_72edbcc59f.jpg

3366114308_58edfbab19.jpg

The full set of photos can be found here...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8255879@N05/s...57615491308371/" target="_blank">http://www.flickr.com/photos/8255879@N05/sets/72157615491308371/ ://http://www.flickr.com/photos/825587...7615491308371/

Thanks for your help and opinions in advance.

Tom.

Hi Tom

Appears that knobody is going to reply to your thread - so I will. I've recently come back to this hobby some TWENTY odd years later ! I used to race ALL of the latest Tamiya ,Kyosho etc cars (off- roaders ) going and usually sell them on ( probably at a loss !- but hey it was good if not expensive fun at the time and you can afford to do it when you are not married with three children !) Anyway I digress somewhat , point I would like to make is that in my personal experience , ANY paticular car is worth what somebody else is willing to pay for it at any given time on any given day. Yes I know this sounds wide open and to be honest , it very much is. You only have to look on eBay to see the wide variety of models and their prices. It does look a very nice model to me and again depending on availablity and popularity you can expect to get a good /fair or indifferent price for it. My advice to you is trawl thro' eBay looking for something similar - to give you an idea. You could also advertise it on the forum and throw it open to offers - you do not HAVE to sell it and besides you well may be pleasently surprised at what offers come in . Try it - you have noyhing to lose but a little time. Hope this helps.

Regards

Mark

Cheers Mark, I'll have a look on eBay and then put it up for sale here to see what offers i get.

Thanks again,

Tom.

P.S. What would you pay for it out of interest? (although i'm sure you have better models and kits)

EDIT - NOW UP FOR SALE IN THE FORUM.

Hi i'm interested, how would £100 sound?

Thanks for the offer but i feel it's worth abit more than that, still up for sale...

Like mentioned unless its NIB (New In Box) then kits/cars are hard to put a value on. What one person is happy paying another would be unhappy paying.

I think maybe you done the right thing advertising on here as no matter how good eBay is sometimes its a case of timing and making sure the right person not only wants it and is on at that time but finds it. Alot of people advertise items very badly and miss making the right amount of money.

Dont forget you can set a reserve on eBay and if it doesnt reach that resever it doesnt sell, only problem is you still have to pay for the listing so swings and roundabouts really

Hope you get what you want for it

Hi i'm interested, how would £100 sound?

I would have to say that is about right for the car + batteries. The other extras are tough to put value on. Personally the charger and transmitter are worthless to me as I already have a charger and prefer pistol grip transmitter. I would almost say you could get more by selling the components separate.