Sign in to follow this  
lentner3

Ff-02 To Rear Wheel Drive.

Ok i have taken my front motor front wheel drive FF-02 and as i'm using an esc i can swap the knuckles and arms etc over to make it rear wheel drive by effectivley turning the chassis around.

The weight seems to be balanced nicley the only thing i'm struggling to get right is the steering links. i cant get the servo in quite the right place althoug it does work i wandered if anyone else had ever tried this.

It was actually easier than i thought as the front arms and suspension parts were nearly a straight swap for the rear ones.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcome i will try and get some pics up soon too!

Ok i have taken my front motor front wheel drive FF-02 and as i'm using an esc i can swap the knuckles and arms etc over to make it rear wheel drive by effectivley turning the chassis around.

The weight seems to be balanced nicley the only thing i'm struggling to get right is the steering links. i cant get the servo in quite the right place althoug it does work i wandered if anyone else had ever tried this.

It was actually easier than i thought as the front arms and suspension parts were nearly a straight swap for the rear ones.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcome i will try and get some pics up soon too!

I know that people have pulled it off with M03's in the past - but never an FF02. The FF02 is almost the same as an M03 though, so it should be possible. There are a couple of ways you could mount the servo at the front:

- You can put the servo on top of the chassis like it's installed on a stock M03 or FF02. This may require drilling in the chassis, but probably needs the least modification or additional parts.

- You can put the servo in front of the front wheels This will require that the ends of the front knuckles are in front of the wheels and probably will need drilling in the chassis and modifying or removing the front bumper.

- You can put the servo inside the chassis in either an upright position or like on the F103 chassis, standing vertical with the wheel vertical close to the bottom of the chassis. You will again probably have to drill in the chassis and cut holes in the chassis to allow room for the rods. This option will probably be the best for the weight balance/distribution, which will be lower than the first option and further to the rear than the second option.

Nice thread, upside down servo sorts everything out for me. Surprised i didn't think of that before. I've managed to do it with all stock parts and no extra parts too :D