MAD RACER

Re Realise Bommerang

I want to buy 2 of them.

One as a runner and the other as a shelf queen.

Are there any real problems with them. ??

Do they make a good runner.

Any info would greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

I have a Boomerang as a runner.. Though i have a Boomerang that started its life in 1986 or so, the original release, it is now a mix of re release parts and old parts due to some driving.. I run it on a Hobbywing EZRun 8.5T brushless system with a 4000kv motor and 3S 11.1V 5000mAh lipo battery.. this thing is sick! its really ripping over the streets.. I really have alot of fun with this, and i only want it to go faster.. hehe.. Allthough i converted the front to a dual suspension with the sway bars in place so its as good as it can get.. Im going to add a dirt burners rear sway bar set and a bigger pinon.. now im running a 15t and i will try a 17t to get more top speed.. with the brushless system, the tourqe is insane anyway.. hehe.. :)

Lars

I have a Boomerang as a runner.. Though i have a Boomerang that started its life in 1986 or so, the original release, it is now a mix of re release parts and old parts due to some driving.. I run it on a Hobbywing EZRun 8.5T brushless system with a 4000kv motor and 3S 11.1V 5000mAh lipo battery.. this thing is sick! its really ripping over the streets.. I really have alot of fun with this, and i only want it to go faster.. hehe.. Allthough i converted the front to a dual suspension with the sway bars in place so its as good as it can get.. Im going to add a dirt burners rear sway bar set and a bigger pinon.. now im running a 15t and i will try a 17t to get more top speed.. with the brushless system, the tourqe is insane anyway.. hehe.. :D

Lars

I just posted about whether this kit would handle a brushless setup. Other than the motor, speed control, and battery, what have you modded to handle the increase power and torque? Do you have any pics of your setup?

I can get some pics of it, i dont have as of now.. I did modify the suspension.. put 80-90W rear axle oil in the dampers, i upgraded the front to dual shock setup with parts from a super shot i found on ebay, and i also mounted the standard sway bar on the front even with the dual shocks.. was supposed to remove it to be able to mount the shock brakets.. Other then thats its fully ballraced and pretty much stock.. Eats tires alot, as its seriously overpowered.. Ill get some pics of it, give me a day or two.. :D

Lars

I can get some pics of it, i dont have as of now.. I did modify the suspension.. put 80-90W rear axle oil in the dampers, i upgraded the front to dual shock setup with parts from a super shot i found on ebay, and i also mounted the standard sway bar on the front even with the dual shocks.. was supposed to remove it to be able to mount the shock brakets.. Other then thats its fully ballraced and pretty much stock.. Eats tires alot, as its seriously overpowered.. Ill get some pics of it, give me a day or two.. :(

Lars

Thanks, I look forward to it. I just got one of these and I want to make it a screamer!

Thanks, I look forward to it. I just got one of these and I want to make it a screamer!

Hi there

I'm not sure I'm getting the point of dropping relatively big, modern motors in vintage cars (re-re or not). It only highlights how incompetent they were in the days (boomy was the worst understeering car, ever) in the first place, and how much time has taken its toll on them now 20+ years have passed through... last but not least parts are not as easily available for re-re as they are for modern cars... how about just getting a modern 4WD for barely more money than the boomer, that will perform infinitely better and be way more reliable instead?

Would you drop a blown 2L subaru mill in your 1962 VW beetle?

Paul

I must confess i love the boomerang and the hotshot, more for the reason that i wanted one as a kid, i dont care how they handle, i just want to own them.

I have seen a few people who have, Big wheelies and 12sec quarter miles, looks like good fun,

I say if you want to do it, go for it!.

Yes, a local vintage rc racer has, and it's infinitely cooler than any WRX.

Back to topic, I do, and there is a whole thread on how Tamiya messed up and supplied dogbones all the same length, that cause binding at full front suspension droop.

Other than that, it's cool.

Its just plain fun to overpower it so seriously.. <_< Pics coming up, just need to rebuild it after messing up the front uprights... hehe..

Lars

Hi there

I'm not sure I'm getting the point of dropping relatively big, modern motors in vintage cars (re-re or not). It only highlights how incompetent they were in the days (boomy was the worst understeering car, ever) in the first place, and how much time has taken its toll on them now 20+ years have passed through... last but not least parts are not as easily available for re-re as they are for modern cars... how about just getting a modern 4WD for barely more money than the boomer, that will perform infinitely better and be way more reliable instead?

Paul

What's the point? What's the point of our hobby? Because its fun and we can do it. That's all the reason I need.

back to topic... anybody run the re-re yet?

still curious what's with the hole under the bumper... is the steering servosaver much improved?

Ok i just got my 2 boomerangs.

Please to say the shocks look better than my Top Force. EG pistons and shaft aren't all one peice.

I thought the prop shaft was a alloy dog bone style like my re realise hot shot. NO its a antenna wire like the manta ray.

They do give a spare i noticed.

I have just ordered the option cvd front shafts which i never new about.

Never knew the DF 02 alloy shocks fitted as mentioned in option sheet.

Cant wait to build it.

Cheers.

Mark..

yea was surprised to see the bentwire shaft too... why not just standardise on the new design?! :huh:

Hi there

Paul

boo!

I have just ordered the option cvd front shafts which i never new about.

Cheers.

Mark..

Do you have a link to the cvd shafts?

Thanks.