r6stu

Comm Finally Gone, Need A Replacment Motor/arm

My Trinity Speed Gems 2 Jade motor is finally Dead! I went to skim today but its all the way down now and cant be done! It almost caught on fire when I put it back together.

I cannot seem to track another down anywhere! Can anyone tell me if..

A) Can get a Speed Gems Motor

:D Get a replacment armature

c) Recomend and quad turn motors as I cant find any!

ITs for my GH and It flew with the 15 turn quad in there

The Speed Gems series is pretty old now and you aren't going to find a replacement.

Quad winds aren't around now as they aren't needed. They were available years ago when battery power was limited. A 15 single would give harder acceleration but with higher current drain so on bigger tracks a quad wind would use less power to run than a single or double so you got a bit more battery duration.

Put any modern 15 turn in there and you will notice a speed increase over your old motor.

The Speed Gems series is pretty old now and you aren't going to find a replacement.

Quad winds aren't around now as they aren't needed. They were available years ago when battery power was limited. A 15 single would give harder acceleration but with higher current drain so on bigger tracks a quad wind would use less power to run than a single or double so you got a bit more battery duration.

Put any modern 15 turn in there and you will notice a speed increase over your old motor.

OK Thanks!

Trinity (soon to be Team Epic) just announced their new line of Speed Gem motors...

BRUSHLESS!!!

trinityspeedgems.jpg

You can get a replacement armature for your motor from Hegler Racing: http://www.helgerracing.com

They can also supply you with any other Speed Gem armature if you want something different. The Jade is the only quad wind they do, although they have a fair few triples.

http://www.helgerracing.com/j2trinity/j2mo...dworkspage.html

unfortunatly that site is no good anymore! Spoke to horizion!

Got myself a new armature, brushes and springs posted for £22. A COMPANY called DMS racing had them. My motor is now like new!

Got myself a new armature, brushes and springs posted for £22. A COMPANY called DMS racing had them. My motor is now like new!

That seems like a lot. You could have just bought a whole new speedgems motor on eBay for $29(us) plus postage. That may even be the more updated version as well...

TRI9252.jpg

That seems like a lot.
We're in the UK. The equivalent motor over here costs £35/$50.

Its an old motor, but its one of the best I have had! The power seems to be imense, and what ever car I stick it in, seems to go really well and be mega punchy off the line!