Sign in to follow this  
Racer-T

Vannie Variations

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the Forum and I'm currently in the process of re-building my Tamiya LunchBox I owned...And thacked around as a kid :rolleyes:

Having been out of the loop for a time however I was wondering is there any other Body Shell other than the LunchBox and Pumpkin around that will fit the Chassis without too much work?

Also I read on another post in this section something about a conversion kit available that enables you to fit slightly different wheels using some kind of adapters, could anyone please fill me in on this Kit and its use?

Sorry for all the questions...But knowledge is Power!!

Thanks

Racer-T

Great Forum by the way guy's!

The Frog Aluminium Hex Adaptor kit will let you put any 12mm hex wheels on the back, eg: WWII Chrome ones.

Because the body sits so high on the chassis, almost anything vaguely close the 12th scale can be fitted, everything from Mini's to Dodge Chargers :rolleyes: .

Have a look at my Munchkin for an example of WWII wheels & a different shell:

Clicky link.

Many of the toy RC bodies like Nikko and New Bright fit perfect. Look for bodies with a 205mm wheelbase. I fitted a New Bright Chevy Truck body to mine. My VLB body is fitted to a modified M04 onroad chassis.

I had to dremel a bit of plastic away to make it fit, but well worth the effort IMO.

New Bright on VLB chassis.

Thanks Guys thats great!

Thinking outside the box! I like it!

Regards

Racer-T

I think I saw a Midnight Pumpkin with a Wheely King body mounted on it. It looked pretty decent.