_miga_

3rd Rally Sig Photo Competition

There will be held the 3rd Rally SIG Photo Competition in April 2009.

here are the details:

in April

WRC-Rally SIG Photo Competition April 2009

* Enter your favourite Tamiya RC Rally car in this competition.

* Show us your favourite Rally car which only stand in the landscape

* The car must NOT move this time, so only pics showing non moving cars are allowed!

Prices to be won:

*1st place: Tamiya TRF T-shirt XL

*2nd place: Tamiya Catalogue 2009 english

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.a...515&id=2958

Rules:

+ You must be a WRC-Rally SIG Member

+ All entries must be added in your showroom and added to the WRC Rally SIG then

+ All entries must be titeled Rally SIG Competition 3: <your username>

+ All entries must be done from 5thApril to 19th April

+ You must be owner of the pic you shot!

+ Your entry should only contain one pic

+ Rally SIG owner _miga_ is the referee, can attend, but not win the prices

+ There must be at least 5 regular entries, so that the prices can be won

Voting:

+Voting is opened from 20th April to until 30th April

+Send a mail to WRC-Member _miga_ through Tamiyaclub Showroom including your 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice

+You can NOT vote for yourself

+Every TC-Subscriber is welcome to vote

+Note: for those getting an error when sending your voting mail, please leave a comment on one of my cars,

send me a PM through the TC-forums or try to send a mail through my main showroom page

hi guys,

just need more VOTES, please

cheers

Michael

I made my vote :) It was hard this time. I couldn't just pick 3 of the list of entries, which is nice. The action pictures of last competition were nice, but it really limits your chances when you're on your own (like me) because you can't really drive it and make a nice picture.

Hi miga just checking you had got my votes :)

got it, the ones missing already got a mail..., but every other subscriber is invited to vote, too :)

The results of the 3rd Rally SIG Photo Competition are in:

here they are: http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.a...192&id=2958

Showroom entry was deleted by mods, so here are the results:

1st TamiyaRacer wins the TRF shirt

2nd Tamiyali wins the catalog wx aequo whith miga

4th origineelreclameboard

5th supergreg

6th vin87

7th case1

8th J1mmy

9th Dazza1

10th minivtec

11th HsH-2150

12th monty and mini-ac

14th ant88

15th ranger blue

since there is no way to enter the sig-pics and results in the showroom, this was the last SIG Compo.

hope you like them anyway

cheers

Michael

Congrats to the winner! it is well deserved! :)

since there is no way to enter the sig-pics and results in the showroom, this was the last SIG Compo.

hope you like them anyway

cheers

Michael

What's the problem with adding sig-pics and results to the showroom??

Congrats to the winner! it is well deserved! :)

What's the problem with adding sig-pics and results to the showroom??

It's not allowed to enter them in the showroom, because of SIG advertising - Only forums are allowed to annouce a compo and the results

cheers

Michael

It's not allowed to enter them in the showroom, because of SIG advertising - Only forums are allowed to annouce a compo and the results

cheers

Michael

The primary reason, as stated in the reply to your email, was actually that 'announcements' of any kind are not permitted in the showrooms - something that's been covered in several topics before.

why were my SIG results deleted?

the sig mail doesn't work and nobody gets the results!

it's boring, because it's hard work to check the pics and the results

and it's much money and time to get such a thing running

most of the people see the showroom entry and it's good advertising for the sig and the rally sig on of the best sigs running on TC.

It's just boring

cheers

Michael

Sorry Michael, but announcements are not permitted in the showrooms - the showrooms are there for your models and your photos, not competition results or advertising SIGs.

Please use the forums to announce competitions and the results.

All the best

Andy

That's too bad.

Maybe you and the mods/admins should find a better way to promote your competitions. In my opinion you do a very good job with your competitions, not just for yourself, but also for the site in general (TC). Maybe there should be a special place where "user competitions" are advertised and where the pics and results can be posted. I haven't seen any other user yet, who regularly sets up competitions like you and all this in favour of the site. IMHO this should be supported by TC rather than made difficult.

That's too bad.

Maybe you and the mods/admins should find a better way to promote your competitions. In my opinion you do a very good job with your competitions, not just for yourself, but also for the site in general (TC). Maybe there should be a special place where "user competitions" are advertised and where the pics and results can be posted. I haven't seen any other user yet, who regularly sets up competitions like you and all this in favour of the site. IMHO this should be supported by TC rather than made difficult.

The problem so far is that competitions weren't considered as part of the SIGs - That's not to say that they're not a great idea, they just weren't considered or foreseen when SIGs were added.

With TCPhoto hosting and the forums, the results side of it isn't that much of an issue, although the communication system obviously is.

I've already asked Chris to take another look at the SIG email system, so hopefully that can be up and running sometime soon.

It's never worked all that great, so it does need a good shake-up.

Unforunately, the traderooms and showrooms both get misused a lot with regard to people posting announcements and requesting contact details etc, so the rules have pretty much evolved around this misuse in the past.