Sign in to follow this  
GunnersRC

M-03 Mini Cooper, Vintage?

I just won an old M-03 Mini Cooper on the bay, looks in really good knick just dusty etc.

Just wondered if these were considered a Vintage or not? I was Googling around and it came up as one, which surprised me, so just wanted some clarification :angry:

Not really what one would consider vintage. Kit #58211. I certainly wouldn't call the #58210 Subaru TA-03F or #58204 Blazing Star DF-01 vintage.

as long as it's in production and available in nib by the bucketload for $70 a pop on ePay, doesn't qualify as vintage to me...

Paul

Thanks for the replies, doesn't matter either way, it will be a runner! <_<

Yep, not vintage, far too many still available. M01 Maybe...

Just this minute got me hands on a stunning M-01 :)

Vintage, for me, ended when chassis started taking on a 'code' name. Modern 4WD buggy started with the DF-01 (Manta-Ray #58087), modern 4WD tourer with the TA-01 (Celica #58096). Mini chassis with the M-01 (Mini #58149).

There is no way we'd let a Top Force run in the vintage buggy classes. Setup right it's as capable as a DF-03 and much easier to drive than say, a Hotshot or Boomerang.

That's not saying these kits are not rare, becuase they are, but because they have a modern layout and many cars share the same chassis type where the vintage cars usually have a few common parts but overall a unique chassis.