BiggusDitchus

Junfac 4 Link Conversion For Highlift F350/hilux

Having started to use my Hilux more frequently I have been more unhappy with its articulation, now I know its a scale truck so I didnt want loads but the stock 10mm or so was just annoying. I have looked at other Highlifts that have been modified by their owners but the link locations never seemed great. I then happened to come upon the Junfac kit which looks the part and at a great price, would have been rude not to buy it :lol:. Jun is a great guy to deal with and a week or so later a nicely parcelled kit arrived and the build began.

img280_07042009095426_4.jpg

Opening the box you find a small pack with all the bits you need, bar the instructions but these can be found on Junfac's website short on words but the clear pictures do make up for that. What you have in the pack is 10 very polished links, 2 black anodised plates, several polished spacers and a large amount of bolts, nuts and ballends.

For the build you need the parts L1 and L10 (2 of each) or 2 pair of the Junfac Duralmin Axle Mounts. You start by cutting the parts as shown, I did this with sharp side cutters and then finished the cleaning up with a small sanding drum on my dremel. They then bolt to the axle with supplied screws and nuts. (you have to pay attention to which way they bolt round)

img280_07042009095426_1.jpg

img280_07042009095426_2.jpg

img280_07042009095426_3.jpg

img280_07042009095426_5.jpg

The steering link was removed just after photo as it needs to be in front of axle for this kit

We then come to the link building and all 8 are exactly the same so little chance of a mistake here. The photo instructions guide you to tighten the long grub screw into link and then screw on the ball end but i felt that didnt leave much of a thread for ball end so instead i tightened the grub screw into ballend and then fitted it to link.

img280_07042009095426_6.jpg

Suspension Links

img280_07042009095618_1.jpg

Steering Links

Its just a matter now of bolting the links to axles. the triangulation of links is produced by using spacers, the top links are spaced inwards off the mounts and the lower links outwards. And then similarly when you bolt the links to the anodised plates the lower links bolt flush to the plate but the upper link is spaced out. Once all that is bolted up you are left with a full kit ready for bolting up to the chassis.

img280_07042009095618_2.jpg

The instructions again are clear when it comes to mounting the 4 link kit to the highlift chassis but omit to mention that for the hilux you need to remove the battery tray and relocate the battery (if you remove a chassis spacer from the back the battery fits nicely up between the chassis rails which is what I did. As for mounting of the shocks it is simple, Junfac do a few diffferent length shocks from 94mm up to 124mm which are ideal for the job, but I wanted to keep a more scale height and seeing as I was going to stick with 1.9 wheels I used a set of 85mm ones I had lying around.

Up to know the kit and instructions have been faultless but I do think they fall down a little when it comes to the final set up, i.e. fitting the steering servo. The servo is repositioned next to the gear change servo and the photos shows clearly the cutting you have to make to the arms BUT its a little ambiguous about the servo placement and takes a little working out. Once I figured it out it all lines up and the steering works perfectly with no bumpsteer which surprised me so Junfac have got all their angles worked out perfectly. The other thing that wasnt identified on instructions is the kit bullbar(bumper) wont fit once steering is on as the links foul on it due to the steering links now being mounted infront of the axle instead. I didnt want to run the Hilux without a bumper so after looking closely at it I realised that removing some of the aluminium to allow links to clear would solve the problem, out came the hacksaw and now it bolts up and clears the links.

With it all together it looks great and the articulation is much improved, up to a little over 4inch now (maybe more than I expected and need not necessarily a bad thing). The feel is very smooth no binding or tight spots as a whole I highly recommend this kit if you want a more capable Hilux or F350.

img280_07042009095618_3.jpg

img280_07042009095618_4.jpg

img280_07042009095618_5.jpg

img280_07042009095618_6.jpg

The stock skid plate will still fit, I just prefer the look without it.

This kit is available from www.Junfac.com for $69.

hey BiggusDitchus the irony is i only had juswt posted a question about this kit and as u responded to me you had put your review up. Cheers for that. May i ask where abouts are you and did you purchase locally or over the Net. Im in Australia and have only seen a site via ebay in korea to purchase this kit. Your conversion makes me want to do it but i may have to wait a lil while until i get some extra cash toi get shocks as well. Gd pics and info, Thanks

I had only just posted up review on another site when I saw your post on here so posted it here too. I bought the kit from Junfac themselves in Korea, for the price you cant fault it.

They are Axial 1.9 Beadlocks, £14 a pair. Any LHS should be able to get them failing that try www.cmldistribution.co.uk who import them.

They are Axial 1.9 Beadlocks, £14 a pair. Any LHS should be able to get them failing that try www.cmldistribution.co.uk who import them.

Does that price include the beadlock rings?

Well without them you would struggle to keep the tyres on the rims. Yes beadlocks are included.

You don't say! :P

I have googled for these and the results showed the wheels without rings, they seemed to be sold seperately which surprised me, which is why I asked the question......

http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/cml_produ...ctId=0000004114

http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/cml_produ...ctId=0000004108

Nice little review there bruv. Mind you, my wallet doesn't like it so much..............................

Could be a treat for myself come next payday!

Thanks, while your at it I would recommend getting the aluminium axle mounts at same time (i snapped one of plastic ones on a roll down a hill)

:D Waiting for my 4-link to get here from Junfac. Ben I am sure that Junfac will ship to Aus. Just check right after I bought the 4-link kit and servo relocating plate seperate they now have a kit with everything including ali axle mounts and the servo plates for $109. Awesome value for money I think.

Can't wait for it to get here and will save up for some ali axle mounts and Gmade coil overs.

Cheers

Henk :)

Hello, I know this is an old topic but I just want to ask some questions.  I am trying to do a  4 link suspension setup on my F350, and I was just wondering if there is any side - to - side movement on this setup?  I have tried setting up the rear, and when all the link rods are installed, there is about 10mm side to side movement (lateral?).  Is that normal?

Thank you!

Provided either the top or bottom links form at least one triangle (at the front and rear), then you shouldn't have any lateral movement except for ball-end slop
Using OP's setup as example, both upper and lower links form a triangle if you extend their line out.

image.png

You only need to triangulate either the top or bottom links, but it doesn't matter if both triangulate - just try to get the lower links converging in the opposite direction to their respective uppers
If all of your links are running closer to parrallel, then you'll get lateral movement

A good example is the SCX10. You can see from this photo that the lower links go from what would be the spring mounts to the center and links from the “pumpkin” go to the outer.

scx10-kit_skid-plate_800px.jpg?132640876

Just started building my 3-speed tundra with Junfac 4 link - can anyone find the manual on Junfac's site - I can't????

On 6/7/2019 at 7:37 AM, gizard said:

Just started building my 3-speed tundra with Junfac 4 link - can anyone find the manual on Junfac's site - I can't????

I haven't found any manual on the site or any for that matter. I'm going to start saving pics that I find so when i eventually build mine, I'll have something to look at.  How is the build going?

I just purchased the Junfac Tundra kit from Amazon for cheap but it appears to be missing only these parts below. Would you be able to give me a measurement on them? I know they are M3, but that is all I know.  Junfac has 7x2.5mm, 7.5x10mm, and 7x5mm.

yvt2qGx.jpg

LYXGUea.jpg

Hi 

I sent an email to sales at junfac but have had no response yet. 

I think I have pretty much figured it out although as I have Junfac/Gmade 93mm aero shocks the ride height is increased slightly this has the effect of angling the front shocks, the bottom of the shocks are further back so I have put some spacers at the bottom to make the shocks more vertical. This is a fairly fine adjustment as otherwise it will interfere with the on axle steering. 

Another problem i have is that because I have remote difflocks there is a bar / pin protruding from the diff housing (it is a lever that gets pulled to lock the diff via a cable) the on axle steering servo has to be mounted higher up which means the gear shift servo above has to be higher and as a consequence it does not seem to be shifting gear too well (the rod between the servo arm and the gearshift shaft is at an angle) I was wondering whether to put the gear shift servo behind the gearbox somehow.

These problems are impacted either way by the fact that i increased the ride height further by moving the top suspension mount down to the lower holes, is obviously increases the on axle servo clearance as a plus but increases the suspension geometry angles etc as mentioned above.....

I will try to remember to measure the spacers when I get home from memory the longest ones are twice the length of the medium ones and the shortest ones half the the length of the medium ones.

- just re-read your post I would say the Junfac dimensions are correct - the long is probably 10mm (7.5mm in diameter) and the medium half at 5mm and the short 2.5mm and slightly less diameter than the other two.

• Thanks 1

I should point out as above as well that the battery will not fit in the normal place - I am thinking right at the back parallel to the chassis - longitudinal 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, gizard said:

Hi 

I sent an email to sales at junfac but have had no response yet. 

I think I have pretty much figured it out although as I have Junfac/Gmade 93mm aero shocks the ride height is increased slightly this has the effect of angling the front shocks, the bottom of the shocks are further back so I have put some spacers at the bottom to make the shocks more vertical. This is a fairly fine adjustment as otherwise it will interfere with the on axle steering. 

Another problem i have is that because I have remote difflocks there is a bar / pin protruding from the diff housing (it is a lever that gets pulled to lock the diff via a cable) the on axle steering servo has to be mounted higher up which means the gear shift servo above has to be higher and as a consequence it does not seem to be shifting gear too well (the rod between the servo arm and the gearshift shaft is at an angle) I was wondering whether to put the gear shift servo behind the gearbox somehow.

These problems are impacted either way by the fact that i increased the ride height further by moving the top suspension mount down to the lower holes, is obviously increases the on axle servo clearance as a plus but increases the suspension geometry angles etc as mentioned above.....

I will try to remember to measure the spacers when I get home from memory the longest ones are twice the length of the medium ones and the shortest ones half the the length of the medium ones.

- just re-read your post I would say the Junfac dimensions are correct - the long is probably 10mm (7.5mm in diameter) and the medium half at 5mm and the short 2.5mm and slightly less diameter than the other two.

I'm shocked you found an email. I checked all over their web site. I also tried to sign up on their site, wouldn't let me. Kept saying anything I had in a field was over the limit of 10 characters. So I finally said screw it and them.

No worries on the sizes.  I just ordered all of three different sizes online. I figure with all of them, I'll use them in some other project eventually.

I am pretty sure that I have not used the spacers in the places they might advise you to - because of my afore mentioned changes, the servo height over the axle because of the diff locker etc.

• Like 1