Sign in to follow this  
backtomyroots

Custom Cr01 With Tundra Body.

Ongoing build:

Junfac Lizard. Junfac Shocks. RC4WD Cyclone Wheels. RC4WD Rock Crushers. CR01 Drivetrain. Integy Motor. Traxxas Radio/Receiver. Tamiya ESC.

So far so good. Still to do:

*Add spacers to extend links and make wheelbase longer

*Order up new driveshafts as I "come up short" with stock ones

*Mount body. Going to use the standard front body mount/radio tray on top of a polystyrene tray that will be over the center tranny

*Rear will be a bit "tricky"

*Will probably "trim" a bit from the front & rear of chassis rails too.

I'm awaiting the spacers & part of the body mounts. Estimated completion: 2 weeks. Cheers !

post-8889-1239150047.jpg

post-8889-1239150061.jpg

post-8889-1239150076.jpg

post-8889-1239150087.jpg

post-8889-1239150105.jpg

Looking good! Nice to see a new project from you. This one is gonna be one killer ride.

Looking good BTMR. You may want to consider using velcro as a body mount option on the back end. I used it with my Clod and the grip is quite tenacious. Plus it is not visible. Those shocks look great, I enjoyed building mine and found G-Made's quality is up there with that of Tamiya.

From pic 4 above, the body seems to be too far forward by say 1/2", or maybe it's just the angle of the photo.

Cheers,

Mike

Looking good BTMR. You may want to consider using velcro as a body mount option on the back end. I used it with my Clod and the grip is quite tenacious. Plus it is not visible. Those shocks look great, I enjoyed building mine and found G-Made's quality is up there with that of Tamiya.

From pic 4 above, the body seems to be too far forward by say 1/2", or maybe it's just the angle of the photo.

Cheers,

Mike

I got lucky, the stock rear body mount seems to be a perfect fit for bolting right to the battery plate !! Plus the stock body front mount/radio tray lines it up just right on the styrene mount I made. Now, my spacers just arrived so I'll hopefully get the body lined up. Only thing left after that is to chop a small bit off the front of the chassis rails.

Keep checking !

Thanks fellas !

Rambo John - I just bought part by part by part over several months :). (Easier to slip past those ever watchful eyes - that and theparts get delivered to an alternate address).