Racer-T

A Very Mad Bull

Hi All,

A good friend of mine has recently rebuilt his Mad-Bull.

Beside's the usual Hop-Ups like bearings, Springs, etc he has shoe horned a M-troniks Genises Pro Brushless system.

Having "finally" programed the Speed Controller he was all good to go...But he cannot get the power down to be of any use? The tyres are glued to his Wheels, but when he applies the throttle the tyres themselves distort like a Dragster and lift in the centre while remaining on the Rim.

We paid a visit to our local Model Shop but the guy there said if he were to fit larger Wheels and Tyres the Gearbox would give out?

Anyone got any ideas please? Is there anyway of using this Brushless System in his Mad Bull.

Regards

Racer-T

Hi All,

A good friend of mine has recently rebuilt his Mad-Bull.

Beside's the usual Hop-Ups like bearings, Springs, etc he has shoe horned a M-troniks Genises Pro Brushless system.

Having "finally" programed the Speed Controller he was all good to go...But he cannot get the power down to be of any use? The tyres are glued to his Wheels, but when he applies the throttle the tyres themselves distort like a Dragster and lift in the centre while remaining on the Rim.

We paid a visit to our local Model Shop but the guy there said if he were to fit larger Wheels and Tyres the Gearbox would give out?

Anyone got any ideas please? Is there anyway of using this Brushless System in his Mad Bull.

Regards

Racer-T

Had the same problem. Too little weight on the rear wheels seems to be the problem. Ended up using a sports tuned instead of brushless....

brushless in a mad bull, are you crazy!!!!!!!

mine was hard enough to control with a 23t ,motor in.

sound like you've got too much power there bro.

mat

I would agree, ive ran one with a sport tuned and that a handful to say the least and more than fast enough. sorry cant be more help, not sure if fitting some other 2.2 wheels and tyres would make it much better.

First thing you learn with fast brushless systems. DON'T PULL FULL THROTTLE! There's a throttle trigger there for a reason. Ease the power in. With the 4600Kv in a Grasshopper I rarely see more than 1/2 throttle, but because I'm not thumping it to full throttle all the time I get almost a 1 hour runtime of silly, fun power.

First thing you learn with fast brushless systems. DON'T PULL FULL THROTTLE! There's a throttle trigger there for a reason. Ease the power in. With the 4600Kv in a Grasshopper I rarely see more than 1/2 throttle, but because I'm not thumping it to full throttle all the time I get almost a 1 hour runtime of silly, fun power.

That's what I said!

A tip that heard from the nitro people... take the tyres off, turn them inside out and duck-tape the inside of them (where the tread is) re-fit with 2.2 foams, and that should help with the balloning. I've heard that it works with Maxx sized tyres, might work with them.

A tip that heard from the nitro people... take the tyres off, turn them inside out and duck-tape the inside of them (where the tread is) re-fit with 2.2 foams, and that should help with the balloning. I've heard that it works with Maxx sized tyres, might work with them.

This does work. Inside my VLB tyres I have material tape (twice around the inside), and cut some foam inserts from 2" thick soft foam rubber (from the auto uphostery shop). They used to balloon quite badly with the MambaMax 5700 spinning them up. Also makes the tyre less bouncy when going fast and easier to land from a wheelie @ 40km/h.

Well - You are indeed as Mad as the car probably is right now to make such a combo ;) Anyway, I'd add extra weight on the rear of the car and I wouldn't use LiPo's but NiMh's (since these are much heavier than LiPo's). Lighter gearing may be a good thing (if you can get any lighter gearing on it).

One thing that may work is to change the (wheels and) tires for something with a similar size but different tread. I don't know on what surfaces you run but I think Blitzer Beetle wheels and tires will give you more grip on the rear and a little less on the front, which should help the balance through corners.

Thanks Guy's,

Lining the inside of the Tyres with Tape and Foam has indeed made a difference :lol:

Considering looking for some Blitzer Wheels and Tyres now. Time to hit e-bay me thinks!!

Thanks again.

Racer-T