Sign in to follow this  
sploader

Group C rereleases

does anybody know if Tamiya is really planning on re-issuing the Merc. and the Jag. (or any other group c cars)? I saw the japanese hobby show pictures, and they really sparked my interest. Also, if they are being rereleased, does anyone know when?

That is the rumor based on the last big show, the Jag and C11. Not sure when. I heard Julyish, but I really have no idea. Hope this helps.

Jay

How typical! I recently sold my group C chassis as it was just too difficult to find spares for to run it.

Yes, very typical.. I have a C11 here that I don´t seem to be able to get rid of, as i don´t like group C-cars....[8)]

How can you not like Group C cars? To me, they are the best and very realistic looking verses all the other cars that Tamiya has made. They are not to scale though because these race cars are very large in real life. Hmm hey gozone, I might need your C11.

I don´t really know why. I don´t like the Formula cars either. I am mainly into buggies and trucks, and minijosh, if you "need" the C11, drop me a mail, and i can send you some pics. It is not very nice, but it´s there..

Cheers..

Michael

I think they were built for one thing only and that was speed - they were pretty **** quick even with a stock 540 silver can. Try running with an 11t motor and things get quite scary. I had no chance of controlling it at speed but then I'm not that good a driver. Anybody that can race these things well gets my full admiration.

quote:
Originally posted by minijosh

To me, they are the best and very realistic looking verses all the other cars that Tamiya has made.

id="quote">id="quote">

Amen Josh!

Hi Sploader try RC Champ International in RC Tech forums (AKA Masa) and my article in this forum - Discounted Tamiya kits and parts from Japan; I was interested and from memory he quoted July/August release of these kits, good hunting mate