Sign in to follow this  
loubarzie

Tick Tick Tick

Hello i d'ont know if this is typical for the cr-01 but at very low speed i hear a tick every time the wheels take a round i first thought it came from the 3racing driveshafts i installed but now i think its comin from one of the gearboxes ( or the motor) you tamiya guys know the sound of 2 gears in grease runnin at slow motion so its the same noice but only one time a turn , this is the first car i ever noticed this but on the other side i never drove one so slow and with my nose on top of it , greetings from belgium and thx for the help

Foto_2.jpg

post-29593-1239658422.jpg

If you are only hearing the "Ticking" noise each time the wheels do 1 full revolution, then I seriously doubt that it could be the motor, as the motor would have done 30+ revolutions for each turn of the wheels.. ( Although I did consider it could be the pinion grubscrew touching the spur gear, common when using small pinions)

First up, I would remove all 4 wheels and run it, as it may become more apparant where the noise is coming from with the wheels off...

If that shows nothing, I would then disconnect both drive shafts to the axles (at the gearbox end of the driveshaft), and then run it again and see if you still hear the "Ticking" sound.. If you do, then the noise is in the main gearbox, so you need to look there.. If not, then reconnect each axle separately, and run again, taking note if the noise has returned..

Goodluck..

Oh, and......Welcome to Tamiyaclub.....

if your diffs. are locked check for the locking pin , it usually gets loose if thread lock is not used.