monster_beetle

Shizuoka New Releases (black Porsche 934!)

You sure gain weight fast. :blink:

Nah, I think his head got lighter at the same time... :o;)

Seriously, with Tamiya re-release, I noticed ebay now has a bunch of old NIB available for some serious money in the Tamiya RC world. My thoughts are, either the economy is still heading South or more old models re-releases are in the works and time to cash out. I like the old NIB, but not enough for the BIN price or maybe my pocket is just not deep enough.

This is a welcome addition to the new issues in Tamiya's stable, but I don't believe it is really a re release or re issue. It is simply a tribute car, a very nice one at that and I look forward to seeing how the bag came out as well!

Paul.

If these are limited edition, what is the best way to make sure you get one? Can you pre-order from the LHS ?

Anyone got a release date for the black porsche yet?

That is very cool - and you can see a tiny image of the hard body shell in the pic posted above.

Want one. Want one badly.

Wonder if the hard plastic body parts are identical to the original super rare black Porsche bodyparts... ?

- James

It's a pity the wheels have such a low tire profile, it's way too low for a modern touring/gt car, let alone one like the 934! Besides that it is indeed very cool they will be releasing a hard and lexan shell for this one :)

I believe you were looking for this:

*click*

OCD!!!

You're sick man!!! :););):lol:

Badboy

I have to say that I am dissapointed with the black 934. the TTG chassis can't hold a candle to the 30th anniversary chassis. with increased competition from HPI with their cup vehicles, Tamiya should have upped the game and released a TRF version of the TTG chassis. something sweet with some machined aluminum goodies and a Carbon fiber deck.

Its not really a big deal but the TA05 Version 2 is a narrow IFS chassis not a normal TA05 IFS chassis. It looks like the motor hangs off the side by another half inch or so. Also the battery is further inboard.

I have to say that I am dissapointed with the black 934. the TTG chassis can't hold a candle to the 30th anniversary chassis. with increased competition from HPI with their cup vehicles, Tamiya should have upped the game and released a TRF version of the TTG chassis. something sweet with some machined aluminum goodies and a Carbon fiber deck.

yea... guess was too much to hope for a 1/10 (either all-black TA05 SWB or even a black 416)

then was hoping they'll give a CF chassis TTG 4WD onroad

heck, the bag's still cool

Personally the ta05v2 is the most interesting thing on that list.

tamtechs really dont interest me in the slightest.

If you had just bought the expensive F103 Anniversary kit, I'd imagine being pretty irritated seeing the radical F104 being announced so soon after.

Longitudinal battery - fad or miraculous that no one has ever used it successfully before?

If you had just bought the expensive F103 Anniversary kit, I'd imagine being pretty irritated seeing the radical F104 being announced so soon after.
Not really, it's a different car. Even though the F104 has been announced I'm still more interested in a 15th anniversary as a collectors item as well as an F104 to race. I've nevr been interested in an F103 as I've yet to find one that can beat my F102 - just ask qatmix B)
Longitudinal battery - fad or miraculous that no one has ever used it successfully before?
Longitudinal batteries in pan cars have been around for years, Trinity won the 92 worlds with a longitudinal battery pack in their Evolution 10. In F1s the orignal Cross Fireforce available since 2000 has an inline battery, as did the original Corally F1 and CCT chassis. Of the new cars, the Tech Racing F108 also runs an inline pack. The biggest reason inline packs haven't been used much in the past is that it's impossible to run an inline pack with a T-piece rear suspension.

pack sits transverse in some current cars too... even "shaft" ones like HPI Pro-D!

wonder what's with the battery forward idea - Pro-D Type R done the same too

pack sits transverse in some current cars too... even "shaft" ones like HPI Pro-D!

wonder what's with the battery forward idea - Pro-D Type R done the same too

Thats more to keep some more weight to the rear to help a 50/50 balance, look at most 4WD race buggies.

Tamiya Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X:

mitsubishi-lancer-evolution.jpg

tamiya-lancer-evolution-x2.jpg

Hmm, looks good. But I really miss light buckets, I wonder why they don't add them to such a body. Also the fiat 500 doesn't have them, a real pity.

TA05 version II.

Narrower chassis, low friction belts, reversible suspension as standard.

rcm0609_9.jpg