kingcobra

First Look... Hpi 240z Club Racer

so far...

gedc0875.jpg

gedc0877.jpg

gedc0878.jpg

gedc0876.jpg

lots of options when you assemble it... lay down front shocks, steering servo mounting, wheelbase, battery mounting... all have different choices available so pay attention to what you are doing lol... and EVERYTHING is adjustable on this chassis... ackerman, camber, caster, anti-dive... you name it it's adjustable. I can't wait to drive it and see how it handles. I love everything about the chassis... very well thought out layout and just an impressive design overall. and 5 stars to HPI for an amazing body that easily rivals the quality of tamiyas finest lexan work. there are ZERO lexan runs, wrinkles or defects in this body... even tamiya has been known to have some of those on a few bodys. I'll be painting it tomorrow so more pics then. got my motor on order so no hurry stickin the electrics in just yet. oh yea the silver carbon fiber is my doing, the chassis come in black fiberglass in the kit. but the orange anodized parts are kit standard as are the teflon sealed full bearings B)

I really like this chassis, it looks very nice. Does it have the same wheelbases as the M-chassis?

Hpi makes good product and I would say they are more performance oriented. Look forward to seeing your finish 240 shell.

Thanks for sharing and cheers

Hpi makes good product and I would say they are more performance oriented. Look forward to seeing your finish 240 shell.

Thanks for sharing and cheers

Indeed, the HPI chassis' seem well developed cars (this new M-chassis really looks far ahead of the other cars in terms of chassis design in my opinion) but previously they missed out on scale looks.

However, the 240Z does seem to change this. Comparing HPI's 240Z with the ABC Hobby 240Z (which make very detailed and scale bodies nowadays) shows that HPI did a very good job! For a moment I even thought HPI handed over the body production to ABC Hobby, but the front lights on the HPI one have 'covers' and the rear lights (decals) seem to differ from the ABC Hobby version.

Really interested how it handles :lol:

What are the dimensions of the rims?

Cant wait for more pics B)

I really like this chassis, it looks very nice. Does it have the same wheelbases as the M-chassis?

210 and 225mm so yeah :P

wheels are slightly larger than standard M wheels. hpi nor tamiya tires fit them they are an all new diameter. doesn't matter cause I'll be runnin 1.9's on it.

How about the other way around, would the HPI bodies fit on the M03's? I know the WB would be correct, but the HPI chassis looks pretty low.

Well why would you want to put a RWD shell on a FWD chassis? Unless you make it a rear wheel drive one of course B)

But to answer your question:

IMG_1865_e_mod_web.jpg

_MG_2639k2.jpg

m03-side.png

A turned around M03 (and converting the steering to the 'new' front end) it will probably fit. But as an FWD... It very likely won't.

soo sorry for the delays guys... my health, in combination with my having to move last weekend and a lack of sleep lately really had me run down so the progress on this car was slow to say the least... the wait will be worth it. I promise to have pics posted this evening after work. but this car is amazing all the way around... anyone who likes nissans or m chassis type cars will be foolish not to get one of these... the best m chassis to date hands down by ANYONE!

soo sorry for the delays guys... my health, in combination with my having to move last weekend and a lack of sleep lately really had me run down so the progress on this car was slow to say the least... the wait will be worth it. I promise to have pics posted this evening after work. but this car is amazing all the way around... anyone who likes nissans or m chassis type cars will be foolish not to get one of these... the best m chassis to date hands down by ANYONE!

Except for the fact it's a 4WD. I would love to see this an RWD and an FWD M-chassis built in a proper way like this is for a 4WD M-chassis.

Wow!! You got me itching for the HPI 240 now. Must resist else the Mrs. will make me (after I got the car and built it) laid on my back and proceed to ram the 240 against my head at full speed until I flat line. And my life insurance is full paid. :blink:

Except for the fact it's a 4WD. I would love to see this an RWD and an FWD M-chassis built in a proper way like this is for a 4WD M-chassis.

HPI also launched a new FWD M-sizer a while ago which looks truely innovative.

Wow!! You got me itching for the HPI 240 now. Must resist else the Mrs. will make me (after I got the car and built it) laid on my back and proceed to ram the 240 against my head at full speed until I flat line. And my life insurance is full paid. :angry:

Well made the plunge over the week-end and my better half is unaware of my action. I feel bad! Put the kit together over the weekend and I don't feel bad anymore, cheecky <_<

Just had to let everyone know (not meant to brag) that I finally finish the Z with gun metal color and does it look nice. Now I don't want to run her. :huh: She is currently on my shelve sitting pretty.

The extra touch provided by HPI should be a guide for Tamiiya to follow up, like wiper blades, outside mirrors, F/R bumpers, rear exhaust tip, light housing and pre-cut decals, window decal to save on buying smoke paint (easier on the wallet and save the environment), decals allow for Japan and USA set up. I really think HPI is up-there and their diecaste cars at 1:43 scale are just as nice in terms and details and workmanship.

I think just getting the Z body alone is a good for anyone's collection.