Sign in to follow this  
BUNGCHIDDI

Df03 Weakness..?

My Dark Impact took a knock to the front yesterday and now my stering is screwed up....pulling the car apart i seen what has happened...looks like the steering assembly (where the copper coloured bearings go) has all shifted backwards knocking it out of alignment. Even when i reassembled it the ball socket (where the steering rod attaches) doesnt travel all the way forwards...the plastic L-bracket is catching on the gearbox top plate....? something has bent and its not obvious what. had to melt some of the gearbox plate with a soldering iron down so the steering assembly passes over it....

Anyone else had problems with this...?..the knock it took wasn't massive....why do these things not have bumpers....surely when racing a knock to the front is a pretty common impact.

Weak Impact....

anyone know where i can get a spare copper coloured steering bearing...looks like a lost one...?

Replace those "metal bearings" :lol: with real ball bearings. They are 850 size or 5x8x2.5mm . This is where I got mine from. Click Me! Shipping was somewhat slow so you may be out of commission for a bit. You may be able to find some more local to yourself.

My DI has taken some pretty hard hits in it's life and come out untouched. Only once did I break something(knock on wood) ,a front knuckle steering arm after a hard clip of a rock at speed. The DF03 chassis is pretty tough and will take a good beating.