evil2004

What Jobs Do We All Do?

I move 1's and 0's around for a couple of serious clients. If I say any more there'll be a black helicopter landing outside shortly... :ph34r:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Saito2 said:

Here's a video walk around our painter made of the 1949 VW Beetle we did. The car is now in France with its owner. Again, I stress, 1981gMachine, the video's poster, is our painter and not me. (although you can catch a glimpse of my 5.0 Mustang daily driver in the background, lol)

It's a beauty!

I'm a graphic designer/design manager at an audiobook publisher in southern New England.

Surprised I didn't post in this one before...

I'm a "sign guy," have been for 18 years now. Graphic and sign design, currently in traffic and highway signs. Current job is much more manufacturing than design. Bored, underemployed, and looking around for something else. I used to be quite heavily involved in Braille signage and ADA compliance work, and that was much more interesting.

I teach.....

My God I never thought I would write that. I am a senior manager in a secondary school.

I've had a few job changes, my first job out of high school was working in a print shop. That was really boring and decided I could do better and that I would never print again! So I went to uni and ended up studying physics, getting a Bachelor with Honours. Couldn't find a job after that (I was hoping to be a lab manager) or get a scholarship to do a PhD in physics, so ended up doing a PhD in polymer chemistry. During the write up phase my scholarship ended and decided to quit. To get a job in the field I'd basically have to travel overseas a lot and for various reasons decided that wasn't for me.

So I ended up making movie props with my mum, which I'd been helping out after my scholarship finished for extra cash. Mainly print based props like signs, car decals to make police cars etc, IDs, newspapers, fake company logos etc. That was great for awhile, but it can be very boom or bust here in Australia, so mum and I decided to branch out a little and offer general printing and sign services as well. While it wasn't my passion, it was ok for a bit, but after the GFC, things started to go downhill and about 2 years ago we shut the business with a substantial loss.

Now I split my time between movie prop making for ads and smaller films and working part time for one of my old print customers managing their website and marketing. 

Wow what a topic and great spectrum of jobs we all have.... I like few of you guys on here am in IT and manage Data Centres here in the UK, i can't say much more than that but I do everything from mechanical, electrical, DR, asset management, imac,  life cycle management and dcim etc I have got to admit I do like dcim and may look at consulting in that area in the future. 

I will be looking for a new challenge soon so if any of you guys need someone in which my skills could come in for let me know... 😊🤔😋

• Like 1

I'm a software test manager and loving it. Started as a developer in 2000 and Changed my focus to testing in 2006.  Been working many places in Norway but mostly in Oslo. I also spent almost a year in Leeds helping NHS making their journals electronic, just to mention that i have spent some time in UK :P 

Fresh vegetable buyer for Coop Danmark, leading retailer in Denmark. Been in that position for nearly 14 years.

• Like 1

Started as a cnc programmer , setter and operator,making deep sea valves for the oil industry, then garretts making turbos,well 1000's of a single part 😪, it all went cad/cam so the interesting part of programming disappeared.Left that,and became a sewing machine /sonic welding mechanic (fantastic for a 20+ old single guy 😉). Spent the last 12yrs as a mechanical fitter for chip board and MDF manufacturer, basically get real wood and turn it into fake wood! 

• Like 1

Technical Assistant in mineral exploration since 1995. Basically I'm an assistant to a consulting Geologist so I do various tasks like rock chip and drill rig sampling, hand drafting of maps, drill hole sections & plans, data entry, word processing, cross country driving in remote areas, note taking, drill core marking, grid setting, measurements using magnetometers and portable XRF spectrum analysers, and on the odd occasion vacuuming the office :P Since its mainly casual work I'm also applying for a part time mental health peer support position.

Marine engineer/skipper

If it floats I'll hav a butchers.

Truck driver for a few very well known fast food companys.

I'm a graphic designer who also does 3D renderings from CAD.  I have recently worked in-house for an architect.  Now I work for a company that makes beauty devices, serums, LED facemasks, etc.

Used to be a mechanic during college.   Now I'm progressing towards being a professional pilot, currently I'm prepping for an instrument rating test.

• Like 1

I make computer systems work properly, and make sure they keep working properly.

That's right I am a network/systems analyst also know as the IT Guy, done it for about 18 years now!  

I do as little work as possible for as much as I can get away with charging and keep my life overheads down.

Ok, im not wealthy, but I own my house and only work 3-6 hours a day 3-5 days a week :)

Any ice hockey players? I am technically a "professional goaltender":

32zhuti.jpg

snh105.jpg

Goalies are sometimes hard to come by, so I fill in for a fee. Money is decent, especially given the nature of the work.

Previously, I was a field tech for a consulting firm. Unfortunately, that did not work out - at present, I am working on either a career in civil engineering, but could go back to school to return to my first love: mechanical engineering :P

In the meantime, I have stepped things up with ice hockey. Still not enough money for a RC habit, but enough to keep me in the black. The Hotshot stickers have also become a distinguishing feature on my helmets since this photo ;)

• Like 2