evil2004

What Jobs Do We All Do?

I'm a computer network operations engineer for a major tea company, based in the UK. Yes, we need to computers to make tea!

^hmm fit it to a grasshopper!

Alas, i am blagging my way through a Chemical Engineering degree... what worries me is that at this rate i will be qualified to design stuff that could potentially go bang in a big an generally messy way...

Rc has to make was much as it costs,so buying kits and splitting them up occasionally or other such things does the job... WIll probably work in a cafe over the summer, while selling cacti and other exotic plants on the side...

i am an apprentice bricklayer so i work and go to college, got loads of money for my Rc Cars :)

i am an apprentice bricklayer so i work and go to college, got loads of money for my Rc Cars :)

i hear that some of the masons can be grouchy. are they?

i hear that some of the masons can be grouchy. are they?

Some of them yeh lol

Some of them yeh lol

He replies with a grouchy attitude.......lol

I am a custodian at my old high school.

He replies with a grouchy attitude.......lol

I am a custodian at my old high school.

thats always good be cause we high schoolers make messes. my neighbor ( was my neighbor in california before i moved and now is my neighbor here in oregon, lol) is a janitor at my high school!

on a side note i pegged a janitor at my middle school once, the guy was a jerk, even more so after being hit with a soccer ball. :)

thats always good be cause we high schoolers make messes. my neighbor ( was my neighbor in california before i moved and now is my neighbor here in oregon, lol) is a janitor at my high school!

on a side note i pegged a janitor at my middle school once, the guy was a jerk, even more so after being hit with a soccer ball. B)

you see I never understood that , ever wonder why that guy was a jerk to you???? If you just picked up your darn trash, maybe he would have been different.....lol

anyways I have most of these kids on check, if they don't pick up their trash I will assign them trash pick up for a few days....

Senior Network Engineer for a Computer Solutions company.

There are times when I wish I'd not gone into IT, and swept roads instead.

I guess we all get days like that :)

There are times when I wish I'd not gone into IT, and swept roads instead.

...then you look at the payslip at the end of the month...only thing that's keeping me in this job at the moment!

I hear that. It's easy money, and I'll I've ever done. Quite happy to take the rough with the smooth when it comes down to it.

I am a senior consultant for working in IT/Telecoms/High-Tech strategy for an outfit based in Lausanne, Switzerland.

I have a building company. Houses and unit developments, we do about 70 single dwellings a year.

So your not throwing corpses anymore? :)

Old topic .

EODT Explosive Ordnance Demolition Technician ,work for Department Of Defence ,Federal Police, Department Of Corrections, State Police  .

Dispose of unexploded ordnance and confiscated ordnance ,dangerous materials used as evidence in court cases.

Thinking of giving it away almost got blown up last week from a grenade usually has a 5-7 second fuse ,pulled the pin but before the lever came off it exploded guess you could call it a massive misfire (that is what went on the incident report anyway) , was concussed and lost my hearing for several days and had balance problems for a few days as well., cant really go into specifics due to my confidentially agreement but was adhering to all OH&S procedures.  

Still not hearing 100% .

Think its time to find another gig and a better way to make a quid .

All my mates want my job they think its cool ,well it is until something goes wrong and its not usually pretty ...always ends in tears.. 

• Like 2

I'm the IT Asset Manager for a global telecommunications/unified communications company. 19 years military also. Married with two sons. 

I went from unfrozen caveman soldier, to learning telephony and ITIL best practices in less than a year. 

I work at an automotive restoration shop. We do primarily pre-1965 stuff. A lot of Cadillacs from the 30's to the 50's and a lot of 30's Packards, but we will take on anything old enough. I'm the mechanic in the group puttering around with ancient technology. Despite working on cars that regularly can cost up to 6 times my $180,000 home, my favorite car I had a hand in was one of the very few 1949 VW Beetles that made it to the States that year. It was a basketcase and using as many original parts as possible (and making totally sure all the other parts were correctly dated NOS or lightly used) was a challenge. It was music to hear that little flat four I put together come to life the first time. I have a lovely wife (who is surprisingly understanding of my Tamiya obsession) and a beautiful daughter.

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, Saito2 said:

I work at an automotive restoration shop. We do primarily pre-1965 stuff. A lot of Cadillacs from the 30's to the 50's and a lot of 30's Packards, but we will take on anything old enough. I'm the mechanic in the group puttering around with ancient technology. Despite working on cars that regularly can cost up to 6 times my $180,000 home, my favorite car I had a hand in was one of the very few 1949 VW Beetles that made it to the States that year. It was a basketcase and using as many original parts as possible (and making totally sure all the other parts were correctly dated NOS or lightly used) was a challenge. It was music to hear that little flat four I put together come to life the first time. I have a lovely wife (who is surprisingly understanding of my Tamiya obsession) and a beautiful daughter.

Sounds like you're living the dream! Any pics of the beetle restoration?

I've worked in radio for years as a music jock, talk radio producer, and most recently as a reporter. Unfortunately, it's becoming harder to make a comfortable living in the industry and there's almost no job security. In December, I finished another degree and am in the process of getting a teaching certificate.

My wife and I run our own company training guidedogs and working with therapy animals. And we do translation work, too.

• Like 1

Here's a video walk around our painter made of the 1949 VW Beetle we did. The car is now in France with its owner. Again, I stress, 1981gMachine, the video's poster, is our painter and not me. (although you can catch a glimpse of my 5.0 Mustang daily driver in the background, lol)

• Like 2

I'm a dog and cat nutritional consultant and aquatics expert in a pet shop. Not what I pictured myself doing but unfortunately I'm slightly under qualified to be an astronaut driving an intergalactic express train like I used to want to be but I enjoy it. 

• Like 1