Bag Of Badgers

Cider Bashers Summer Tour 2009, Bristol, Yeovil And Ogmoor (south Wales)

Hi everyone.

This is the suggestion I will make is as follows for a Cider Bashers Summer Tour, anyone is welcome, please only vote if you wish to attend, just thought is would be great idea to get dates and locations sorted early.

A Bristol bash in the next few weekends, so that makes it early May. A bash then at Ham Hill, Yeovil, late May/early June and finally a bash at Ogmoor (South Wales) and its local area in late June.

Dates for Bristol Bash, Sun 3rd/Mon 4th or Sunday 10th. In and around Hengrove Leisure Park.

Dates for Ham Hill Bash, Yeovil, Sun24th/Mon 25th, Sun 31st & Sun 7th June.

Dates for Ogmoor Bash (and area) Sun 21st/28th June.

As ever this is just a suggestion and my thoughts. Please comment.

ATB Matt

(sorry should have put the Ogmore bash as june!)

Quick post to help anyone who hasn't been to a Cider bashers meet before.

Gives an idea of what each bash has available:

Yeovil has tarmac, grass, hills and lumpy terrain.

Bristol has been tarmac only, but looking at alternative sites.

Ogmore (and Merthyr Mawr) ones have sea, sand, sand dunes, grass and tarmac (but not carpark clean - some gravel). Also, some superb Rock crawling areas...

Gethin Park can be visited on the way back from Ogmore and is grass and gravel carpark.

As extra help for those who haven't been before, here are some video's by location...

Yeovil (Ham Hill):

Yeovil 2007

Yeovil Hill Climbing

Yeovil 2008

Bristol:

November 2008 part 1

November 2008 part 2

March 2009

Ogmore (and Merthyr Mawr):

Mainly sand dune and some on-road stuff

On-road and off-road (grass)

Really ancient rock crawling footage

Slightly newer rock crawling footage

For some reason I haven't got any beach footage. Sorry all...

Gethin Park (south wales also):

Gethin Park (gravel and grass)

Will be back later once the missus has been consulted on dates.

Steve

I will do my best to attend whichever dates are chosen.

Bristol - 3rd or 4th May is probably good, although I may possibly be out at another event depending on when said event is held (dates haven't been agreed yet!)

Yeovil - can do 31st May or 7th June, cannot do the bank holiday weekend as my sister is getting married

Ogmore - can probably do 21st or 28th but can't guarantee, my calendar hasn't been filled in that far ahead although I know I have already verbally agreed to attend some things later this year.

^_^

One possible venue in Bristol is the large grassy area just off Hartcliffe Way. Put the following in Google Earth and then go slightly North and West: crantock avenue, bristol

Parking appears to be the big issue, but otherwide it looks like a nice large area for bashing in.

Thanks for the PM heads up BoB - very nice!

After the 'Mothers Day' clash of 2009, I am now determined to attend and the venue/dates I can do would be - Ham Hill Bash, Yeovil - either 24th or 25th May. Ogmore can only do 31st May.

If any of these dates end up being the firm favourite the Carparkthrasher team will be there!

CPT!

thanks, bag of badgers, for giving me the heads up. I might be able to do this this time. times are awkward due to exams on the 11th (10th isnt good!) . i might be able to do the earlier dates for the bristol bash, not sure about yeovil - how far is that from bath, as thats where i will be coming from

I would probably be able to get to places where public transport will get me. I might make it to something!! but dont take me into account when choosing the dates as i cant gurantee anything

thanks, bag of badgers, for giving me the heads up. I might be able to do this this time. times are awkward due to exams on the 11th (10th isnt good!) . i might be able to do the earlier dates for the bristol bash, not sure about yeovil - how far is that from bath, as thats where i will be coming from

I would probably be able to get to places where public transport will get me. I might make it to something!! but dont take me into account when choosing the dates as i cant gurantee anything

Bristol is about 13 miles from Bath, Yeovil about 37 miles and Ogmore is about 76 miles!

Might be worth finding out if anyone is coming from Bath for any of the meets. Might be possible to grab a lift...

Steve

Stop the presses!!

if we are after a new tarmac bash site, my work has a nice big secure car park down by ashton gate.

i'll ask and see what i can do about using it.

link to google maps is below.

car park in the corner by the pub!

mat

Stop the presses!!

if we are after a new tarmac bash site, my work has a nice big secure car park down by ashton gate.

i'll ask and see what i can do about using it.

link to google maps is below.

car park in the corner by the pub!

mat

Love the pub next door too. :) Will wait to hear what they say, as a private car park would be superb!

Steve

Love the pub next door too. :) Will wait to hear what they say, as a private car park would be superb!

Steve

OOps, pub has burnt down, as this is an old google pic!

i'll let you all know as soon as i do about this.

mat

Nice one Mat, a private car park in that area would rock. Just make sure we don't meet up on the same day as a City match! (and remind any gasheads not to wear their Rovers jackets!!)

Some companies are fine about using their car parks (with permission), others get very funny about it. Hopefully your bosses are cool and your security patrols (if any) don't get too upset about a bunch of law-abiding citizens hanging around preventing opportunist burglaries :)

Sweet News!!

we can use the car park, a few proviso's though.

I've got to be around all day (a real hardship!), and remember that this is private property, its locked at the weekends and if your around when its not a bash, can't be responsible if any security guys get the hump.

that said, post code is BS3 2HA.

mat

Sweet News!!

I've got to be around all day (a real hardship!), and remember that this is private property, its locked at the weekends and if your around when its not a bash, can't be responsible if any security guys get the hump.

mat

Doh! Now look what you've done! I'm going to have to buy a road car of some sort now.......................

How we looking for likely dates then folks?

CPT and Mrs CPT

hi guys, im from SW and am still to come to one of the cider bashers bashes :) will hopefully turn up one day when im free on one of your dates, i often keep an eye one these threads for one to come up....

i went to sand bay in weston recently and thought id just let you know (if you dont already) that it is a superb place for a bash!! it has a good car park right on the beach, you have to walk a few hundred yards through some dunes to get onto the hard packed sand (unfortunatly not as good as brean sands where you can drive on the beach) but all in all a good place, even has a small bmx type track carved into the woods right next to the car park :P

see some pics here

once again, hope to see you all soon

Gaz

Is the car park nice and smooth? if so might bring the F1 car along again :blink:

not smooth enough for the F1 i think.

Looking forward to this next meet! Our own private play space without members of the public. :lol:

Maria has checked and it appears that any of the suggested dates for any of the bashes are good for us.

Steve

Sweet News!!

mat

Hi is this were the meet is going to take place ? and what date has been decided?

carl :blink:

Yes come on peeps let's have a fix on a date - less than a week before the first set of dates is upon us!

Matisse - is it too late to arrange the car park for this weekend (is it too late to get enough members to turn up!!?) Are we better aiming for Sunday 10th ?

According to the BCFC website there is a match on 3rd May against Burnley, but it isn't telling me whether the match is at Ashton Gate or away. We seriously don't want to be meeting down there on match day, it's chaos!!

:blink:

I was thinking this Bankholiday, Mon 4th? City are away on the Sunday 3rd, so no problems there if we want to do the Sunday (not much help, I know)

I probably will not have Maxwell on the day, but will have a hopped up Topforce, A Team Kyosho TF-4 Spider Type-R and (hopefully) a Gravel Hound on some sort of monster tyre plus the normal mob!

I know it's a late shout, but the Monday looks like the best of the weather at the mo.

ATB Matt

I'm good for Monday if we want to make that a fix or happy to wait for 10th if that's easier

Not being cruel to Deane, but the weather looks good for Monday and hopefully we might get a few "newbies" along to join us.

I'm being brave and saying let's go for Monday 4th May in Bristol at Mat's place of work. Can Mat let me know if this is not convenient on Monday as we can then look at either Hengrove again, or simply ignoring me completely. ;)

I suggest Matt (t'other one - BoB) make a poll for the other dates so that we can get them tied down sooner rather than later. :blink:

Steve, Mia and Ev

OK, Mon 4th it is. If we are unable to use Mat’s work car park we still have the option of in and around the old site.

I will get the polls sorted tomorrow, seems like a better idea ;) .

ATB Matt