Bag Of Badgers

Cider Bashers Summer Tour 2009, Bristol, Yeovil And Ogmoor (south Wales)

I should be free on Sunday - trying to get the RCs dusted off and working but having some problems locating parts that I "tidied" a few weeks ago :P

So no runners list as yet, but will probably have a car full of fun!

Hi all,

Not definite, but I might actually miss this meet. It will be the first time I've ever missed a bash, so apologies if it happens.

Got a hectic few days (today and tomorrow), and certainly won't have time to test / strip cars ready. Looks like I won't be about on Saturday to charge batteries, so will have to wait and see whether I can get anything sorted in time...

E-Maxx still hasn't been repaired, so not even got that to bring at present.

Still hope to be there, but not looking good at present

Steve

We'll miss you Lemming, but there'll be another bash if you can't get to this one. Fingers crossed and I hope you have time to get everything sorted ;)

Hi all

So who is confirmed going and what time roughly will everyone aim to be there? I assume between 10 and 11?

Dean

We will be there, any time after 10ish. Spoke to Lemming, dosn't know if he can make it.

Just off out to buy more Sunscreen.

Haven't made it unfortunately.

Hope you all are having a great day, and look forward to the next bash!

Steve, Maria and Evan

I couldn't make it either, me and my boy didn't have a single running car between us!

Thats what a holiday in Cornwall will do to your garage, if its not jammed and stripped with sand, its bashed to heck at the skatepark!

Maybe the next Dorset meet for me then.

It was a quiet meet at Ham Hill, but a good one. I ran a few cars and broke almost all of them!

Brat Scorcher - ran well, roled a few times but the tough old MB shell held up nicely. Needs stripping and re-greasing as the suspension is very stiff.

Wild Dagger - stock silvercans really aren't up to the job of hauling it around. Very dull. Some threads have stripped in the stock hubs. Needs faster motors.

14.4v Tamiya Xtreme Clod - destroyed shocks and links. Needs yet more new ball-ends, longer links, new shocks and proper bottom axle mounts.

Original Pajero - stripped threads in gearbox. Reverse is now totally stripped, forwards is OK but slips sometimes. Generally the truck doesn't handle well at all - needs an overhaul, I plan to rebuild it with an original Mountaineer shell I have just obtained.

Dark Impact - ran very well, but the LRP speedo kept overheating. Need to cut some cooling holes in the bodyshell.

Generally everything felt really slow - only the 14.4v clod gave any real feeling of speed (before it self-destructed). Maybe the temperature was just too high - the packs seemed to dump pretty early and it was too hot to recharge them in the car.

I got some mild sunburn and the world's worst tan lines.

It was a pleseant way to spend a Sunday. just a bit worried about the grass eating Wild Dagger. Not to many problems for us to fix.

Rage broke a lower arm again, that's all 4 now. VBL spent more time off it's wheels than on, need to put a better bar on the back. Bandit poped a shock collar, Slash and Maxwel as nutty as normal!!!.

On to Wales this month.

ATB Matt

just a bit worried about the grass eating Wild Dagger.

mnangmnangmnangmnangmnangmnangmnangmnangmnangmnangmnang

Sorry I missed it all. Had several very busy days, and only now managing to find time to chill a bit.

Will get on with fixing stuff this weekend and be ready for the next bash (also will be making sure that the day is kept free).

Hoping to get an idea of who is coming to the Wales one, as I might arrange snacks if I know how many are coming! :(

Looking forward to catching up again

Steve

I'm still open as to whether I'll make the Wales bash - having some financial issues this year and have managed to book myself out almost every weekend from now until September. I'm trying to cancel a few things between now and then so I'll have some spare cash to get myself across to Wales ;)

Hi all.

Hoping people are still up for this bash. I'm looking forward to it and will bring my still camera this time (it does video at 640x480 30fps as well).

On the down side, my subscription has now expired and I'm not renewing it for a while. Any video I make will be uploaded once I can arrange to re-subscribe.

Looking forward to catching up with you all.

Steve

Looks like I'll be there, providing all goes to plan. Not sure what the runners list will be as a few of my cars are on the workbench and I haven't had time to finish them off yet.

Do we have an official time and location for the meeting point?

Wales!!! Looks like it's going to be thunderstorms for the weekend... ;)

What do people want to do?

I'm quite happy to do the same as last time (although the missus is concerned about numbers ;) ):

Meet at mine (10 - 11am)

5 minute drive to Trefforest Industrial Estate

Tarmac bash in the rain (was HUGE fun last time especially drifting)

Lunch break (McDs, Pub, Nandos etc)

10 minute drive to Gethin Park for the afternoon

Gravel, crawling and grass/hill bashing

Back to mine for hot coffee to round of the day (about 10 mins again) or sod off home :P

If people are coming, drop me a PM and I'll shot the postcode / address for those who don't have it.

Thoughts anyone - alternate date suggestions if thunderstorms seem worse than the continual AM drizzle we had last time. Will miss winding Matt up for becoming ancient on the Monday then though :lol:

Steve, Maria and Evan

B)

:rolleyes:

Seems that Matt will be joining me, so the day is still on!!!

Option of meeting at McDs for breakfast is on as well...

C'mon guys and gals, who else is up for it...?

Sounds great, I hope to come along and bring -

TT01 Ferrari Enzo

Mini M03

BFX (now much more Xtreme :rolleyes: )

Micro T

Hotshot

Frog or Grasshopper

Dark Impact

Lunchbox or Clod (depends if can fit all in boot)

and of course E-Maxx.

I will bring a camera that captures video too if that helps, I would have brought my camcorder but it packed up last weekend at Silverstone B)

Might be McDonalds for the start (I'll confirm tomorrow).

If so, the postcode is: CF15 7QX (Nantgawr Business Park, Trefforest, Rhondda Cynon Taff, South Wales)

All the best all

Steve

Hi all,

Sending this tonight as TC will be off-line tomorrow...

Meeting is now set for McDonalds as I fancy a breakfast!!!! :lol:

The postcode is: CF15 7QX (Nantgawr Business Park, Trefforest, Rhondda Cynon Taff, South Wales)

Cheers

Steve