Sign in to follow this  
28yoKid

Wild Dagger Dive Shafts...aaagghhhh!

Dear all. Was well chuffed today as I managed to construct my dual battery holder for my 14.4v Wild Dagger.

Finally. I could run her. Unfortunately, 4 mins into running and I realised a front drive shaft had snapped :lol:

Now these aren't the standard drive shafts, but the upgraded steel GPM ones off ebay. So what do I do now? Do I buy the same drive shafts again? Or are there some unbreakable ones I can get from somewhere???

Oh, and I meant DRIVE shafts LOL! ^_^

Do you know if the after market drive shafts you bought are longer than the stock ones? I to finished my mod to my WD put the wheels and tires i bought rubbed the front hub carrier a little when i turn i tried myself to use a spacer but there wasn't enough axel to get a bolt on.

Do you know if the after market drive shafts you bought are longer than the stock ones? I to finished my mod to my WD put the wheels and tires i bought rubbed the front hub carrier a little when i turn i tried myself to use a spacer but there wasn't enough axel to get a bolt on.

Same size I think, just a bit thicker. Not reliable thou.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tamiya-Twin-Detonato...8#ht_1345wt_903

There is a good chance GPM shafts are more brittle than stock.

If you can finds them over the pond, RC Revolution shafts are very good. The make a knock off TL01B with a Dagger body and wheels, and these are the shafts out of it:

DSCF0996.jpg

There is a good chance GPM shafts are more brittle than stock.

If you can finds them over the pond, RC Revolution shafts are very good. The make a knock off TL01B with a Dagger body and wheels, and these are the shafts out of it:

DSCF0996.jpg

Wow BMT, they look really beefy! Thanks! will search. :)

The other option is Ofna Pirate 10 shafts, look very similar to TD shafts just beefier. I ran them on mine with twin 19turn motors and two battery packs, never broke one of those.