garethgeezer

Payment Protection For Seller If Item Collected In Person?

There has been a lot spoken about buyer protection recently, I have a similar question but this time from a seller's perspective:

I'm planning on selling some stuff but there is a lot of it, so I'd prefer whoever wins my ebay auction to collect it all in person. I have to offer paypal as a payment method but would really prefer 'cash on collection'. My issue is this - if someone does pay with paypal, then comes to collect my stuff, then later claims that they never got the items, how do I prove that they picked them up? Seller protection only seems valid if I can provide a 'proof of delivery' which I won't have if the items are collected rather then posted.

Any advice on how I can ensure I don't get ripped off?

Thanks! :)

There has been a lot spoken about buyer protection recently, I have a similar question but this time from a seller's perspective:

I'm planning on selling some stuff but there is a lot of it, so I'd prefer whoever wins my ebay auction to collect it all in person. I have to offer paypal as a payment method but would really prefer 'cash on collection'. My issue is this - if someone does pay with paypal, then comes to collect my stuff, then later claims that they never got the items, how do I prove that they picked them up? Seller protection only seems valid if I can provide a 'proof of delivery' which I won't have if the items are collected rather then posted.

Got to be best to write a list of items sold and ask the collector to sign for the items.

At least you would have paper proof.

Also give the collector a reciept for the items as well

If your items can be posted,then offer postage,but state that if the wininig bidder picks them up it must be cash on collection,If the buyer is genuine then they should have no problem with this as they can see what they have won before paying you for it.