Sign in to follow this  
goblin76

Ezrun 35a 9t On Optima Mid

Hi guys,

anyone knows if this kit is right for Optima Mid?

EzRun combo 35A 9T

combo_B1.jpg

My Optima mid has the pinion in alluminium.

I have an orion lipo 7,2v 2200 20C 2s battery, but the kit can handle also 11,1. Is it too much power for the Optima?

Hobbywing write that the version for 1/10 offroad is 60A and 8,5T but I think this last may stress too much the transmission.

I've found on ebay the 35A kit for 62 euro and it is a very good price for a brushless kit...

My idea is to put on the Optima Mid the kit 35A 9T with 7,2v lipo 2s, but I want to know if may there be problems with a more powerful kit, and, if no, if the car remains driveable or no.

Cheers!!

Goblin

The Optima will handle most motors you can put in it, although due to the relatively small spur gear I would go no lower than 13 turn brushed/ 6.5 turn brushless. Go down to 16 or 17 tooth pinion to see how hot the motor will get, go for a bigger pinion if it doesn't get too hot.

This might be a bit Off Topic..

I have in my Optima LWB one Speed Passion 7.5R motor and a Feigao / Himoto / HSP 60A ESC, and TrakPower 4900 30C. The motor and ESC runs cool and have no problems. I have also put in a Sentry Novak data logger and logged data from running it. The temp on the motor and LiPo was max 28 Celsius on motor and 25 on LiPo. Outside condition was sunny and about 23 Celsius with track conditions lose gravel. The motor had a 18 to 20 pinjong (don´t remember) and the spur is 82 or 86. It´s the blue SST spur that has been modified to fit the axel and 48 pitch.

;)

Hi,

I have one in my Optima Mid SE, stock apart from the EZrun (35a 9t) and some road wheels and tyres. It works like a dream running on NiMh 3300mah. It's plenty fast enough for me, and easily fast enough to destroy itself on the nearest kerb. I mounted mine where the msc servo would go to the underside of the top deck with the fan pointing outwards. I take it easy with the braking from speed and have set the initial punch to a little softer (6 out of 9, default is 7), no funny noises so far, gone through about six or seven packs.

I have raced my Mid with a 10 T Orion brushed motor and was just ballistic down the straight.

It can handel any motor you want.

As for driveability it all depends on your set up, driving skills and a smooth throttle finger.

I only hit full power half way down the big straight with li po's.