aconsola

Lunchbox Front End Conversion

Thanks guys, I was going to try the Ansmann ones again but I've got some Falcon rear CVA's with the long shaft knocking about so I think I'll drop those into the MB ones (they are far too long on their own). Have a selection of springs to try so will end up with something suitable I'm sure.. That's sunday sorted then.

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I thought I'd add my version of a front end conversion here instead of creating a new thread.

I think the CRP parts are really a godsend but the one thing I didn't like about them was how the stock shock position on their wishbones didn't really work that great on the lunchbox.

So I used the standard CRP arm but designed a custom lower shock mount to return the geometry to stock. Here are some pics...

3 lower shock mount positions.

lunchbox_03.jpg

Mounts cleanly using only the stock 3mm metal shaft originally meant for shock attachment.

lunchbox_01.jpg

The shocks are angled outwards for better suspension geometry.

lunchbox_02.jpg

I've also custom made body mounts which allow me to mount my 1/12 Tamiya mini bodies without making additional holes. Here's a pic with my Datsun shell. <_<

lunchbox_04.jpg

Let me know what you think. :P

That looks awesome Bloodclod! I love that Datsun body on there. Would you consider selling those shock mounts for the CRP kit?

Steve

That looks awesome Bloodclod! I love that Datsun body on there. Would you consider selling those shock mounts for the CRP kit?

Steve

hmmm... I suppose if there was enough interest I could do a single run of these. If anyone's interested drop a post here or PM me to let me know...