taliesin

1/16 E-revo Coming Out This Month

I was talking with some guys at the LHS and Traxxas is releasing a 1/16th scale E-Revo w/ a 380 brushless in RTR form in a week or two. It looks like you can run 2x battery packs and claims top speed of 50mph. The video on Traxxas website looks just sick. A 4x4 Slash in 1/16 format is coming too. Woot!

Considering the 1:10 Slash is HUGE compared to a 1:10 Tamiya Truck like the #58161 F-150. Maybe the 1:16 one will be 1:10 size, ~257mm wheelbase.

I been told that we will not get them in the UK until July ;)

Now the hard part, which one to get Slash or E-revo.

from the specs they look more 1/12 than 1/16, the weight of 1.1 kg means its a big lump to be a micro (dont know if that is with all parts? rc18t is around 600g RTR), though it looks solid... wheels are 12mm hex, 2" rims so they could probably be used on tamiya buggies, which could be cool. all that speed but they dont look very stable...

206mm wheelbase for the slash 1/16. I get 1:13 when compared to a 1:1. And 1:8 for the larger 335mm wheelbase slash compared to the same.

The Tamiya 58161 F-150 works out at 1:10.5 when compared to a 1:1 Corrs truck.

Must have had flat calculator batteries that day at Traxxas and they took a guess at the scale.

They probably figured people would stop reading after - new E-Revo w/ brushless ... blah, blah, blah ... coming in May. They might have well just advertised it as 1/2 scale meaning it cost about 1/2 of what a full size Revo costs.

from the specs they look more 1/12 than 1/16, the weight of 1.1 kg means its a big lump to be a micro (dont know if that is with all parts? rc18t is around 600g RTR), though it looks solid... wheels are 12mm hex, 2" rims so they could probably be used on tamiya buggies, which could be cool. all that speed but they dont look very stable...

the heavy weight could come from the 2 batteries perhaps?

dont think so - standard its only one battery. another one adds another 150g+... getting up to a grasshopper weight. maybe this brushless system would be good in a GH?

maybe this brushless system would be good in a GH?

1:18 Micro brushless should be a direct bolt up the Grasshopper 380 motor adapter. I know the Mamba and Sidewinder Micro Castle CM20 motors bolt to it. Gives it that much needed top speed without giving it too much power in the standard chassis, 4200Kv is ideal on 7.2v. I still prefer the 540 size 1:10 Mamba in the Grasshopper, so much fun and such a challenge to drive.

this is the 28 mm 380 size motor not 20 or 22 like most micros - maybe it will offer a nice balance between the 2

I would say the Mamba Micro Pro and 4200Kv motor was more powerful than the 540 kit silvercan, and more rpm on 7.2v. It certainly pushed my standard GH along well and way faster in my boats than the 540 brushed 19 turn Peak Racing motor I did have fitted to them. The motors have 3 different size mount holes to replace 180,280 and 380 size cans. They are crazy fast in 1:16 buggys like the Jet Hopper. Real pain to get that factory fitted pinion off the Grasshopper 380 motor.