blackdogbro

58441 Rough Rider "Buggy Champ" Re-release

Coming in July. Retail 34000 Yen.

Non-official source... http://www.rakuseimodel.co.jp/index_top.php

Machine translated text:

It reprints after an interval of 30 years. Racing buggy "Buggy champ" of the legend complete reprints.

The buggy champ who had appeared as a key mover of the electric RC buggy boom in 1979 came back. The mechanism decks etc. of a mainframe of two FRP in the thickness equipped with the duralumin plate for reinforcement, [sasua-mu] made of the die cast, and clear parts added the improvements of a structural change of strengthening and the oil damper of an upright reception desk and the ESC correspondences, etc. without changing the basic configuration. A body that actually feels and overflows and a dynamic running are models by whom the mind of Takeshi and the RC fan is heated.

The chassis composition faithfully reproduces the original. The gear case, [riyasasua-mu], the reception desk axle, [furontosasua-mu], and the wheel hub started newly making the die cast type in feature [shonba-] type of reception desk double trailing arm [riyasasupenshon] as it was for this reprint.

- Total length 400? * full bearing specification. - The package is same [buripakkutaipu] at that time. - The body is made of plastic white-collar on which it paints easily. - Exclusive use LF battery is put on the market simultaneously.

First check it isn't 1st April, nope it is May. Learn Japanese, no that would take too long. I want to believe, can it be my favourite vintage buggy is being re-released. I do hope so....!!!!

I've always wanted one, but just find the originals too expensive. And is that a black bumper....Mmmmm Yippppeee.

My missus says my money is magical, as it just seems to disappear.

Edit: before I get any more excited maybe they have just used a library photo?????

My wife doesn't get a say if this is really true. I will buy as soon as I see it for sale and a heap of spares. Re-re SRB is like a dream come true. And the RR too!!! So love these wheels on GH/Hornet/SC/SS and RR.

I can't wait! :P

This is very exciting news! The pricing not is too bad either and the model number makes me think this is not a "limited special edition".

Same packing as the original? Blister packs are back!

:P

Oh, wow. Prices for the old ones are bound to drop :-(

So what do we do, now? Go out and sell all of the classic metal-chassis cars and pick-up trucks that we have??

34000Y is around £225 !!!!!!!!!! :P

Ouch - I dont want one that badly...!

Ouch - I dont want one that badly...!

The add says 20,500 Yen. Where did you get the 34,000 Yen price?

The add says 20,500 Yen. Where did you get the 34,000 Yen price?

Yeah Russ - where?! :P

Yeah Russ - where?! :P

34,000 is the MSRP,say it in the details. Just saw it. My bad

The other price is basically Japanese street price.

Er....In the first line of the first post ?!?! :P

D'oh! I blame Jean myself :)

OHH GOODY .... > RUNS outside wearing Dressing Gown, Poppy Slippers and Beannie falls to ground cries and thanks the full moon God

Why Oh Why didnt I pay more attention to Japanese classes in school ...Having only learnt enough to get my face slapped :)

July is my birthday as well guess I will be getting a nice prezzie :lol:

How much is that In Aussie $$

Who dares wins ...Who cares who wins ...Whats a little Yen between friends

Gotta start putting in the hints for one now :P

I hope there is more info/pics at the Shizouka show that is fast approaching!

Im hoping its not a fake and im interested so see if there are any big differences, plus when i can order 2 :)

this gets a re-re just as im finishing restoring 5 origanal rough riders :P

Ahhhrrrgggggg!!!!!

Is it true?

I can't believe it!!!

There is a god after all... (been praying every night)

Badboy

This is the best news ever if it is true. Now I can have multiple beach runners and not have to worry about broken parts.

Emailed my LHS, the guy is a vintage RC fanatic :P hopefully he can score a couple for me :)

OMG !

I can hardly hope it's true.

Let's hope that it's not going to be a disappointing thing like the new Black Porsche....

Jerome "I want to believe" Mulder

Babelfish gives a brilliant "Engrish" translation:

"The 蘇 collar it increases completely after racing buggy '[bagichiyanpu]' 30 years of legend! Now attention being safer, you take and handling are less crowded well, the LF1100-6.6V battery of high life was made loading appointment. Charge we ask with the private charger. For being worth, when special price becomes modification, there is a kit and a battery. * The picture is old [bagichiyanpu]."

:P

From Tamiyablog:

Tamiya Rough Rider re-release - Tamiya 58441 RCC Buggy Champ 2009 !!!

Tamiya really manages to still surprise us, this time with a re-release which most people thought as impossible and which will have a large impact on "investors" and vintage prices, the first racing buggy, the legendary 58015 Rough Rider. Thank god the re-release will introduce also several improvements as the original was quite a poor runner.

Below a first automated translation of the Japanese text, we will as usual add permanently details and photos as soon as we get them:

Reprinted in 30 years! ! RESHINGUBAGI the legendary "BAGICHANPU" completely reprinted! !

ITEM: 58441 BAGICHANPU electric RC car ships scheduled Monday tentative price 20,097 \ 34,000

Electric RC BAGIBUMU as a key player in 1979 and has appeared on the back BAGICHANPU. Duralumin plate equipped with a 2 mm thick FRP reinforcement for the main frame, Made of die-cast suspension arms, and other mechanical parts KURIYA deck without changing the basic structure FURONTOAPPURAITO strengthening, structural changes were made to improve the oil dampers, such as ESC. Full-bodied and dynamic driving experience is alive and well, RC models are the heart of the fan heat.

Configuration is a faithful reproduction of the original chassis, FURONTODABURUTORERINGUAMU unique, Torsion bar rear suspension is the same formula Gear case, and FURONTOAKUSURU RIYASASUAMU, FURONTOSASUAMU wheel hub, for the reprint of the 作RI直SHIMA****A a new die-cast type.

★ Overall length 400 mm full-bearing specifications

★ package PURIPAKKUTAIPU same time

★ plastic body is easy to paint the white-collar

★ LiFe battery LF1100-6.6V-only Simultaneous release also RESHINGUPAKKU.

Official prices is only 34000 Japanese Yen, which is approximately 340 US $ or 250 €, street price is usually quite less.

Seems it will have full ball bearings, new LiFe battery, improved dampers and stiffened chassis with an RC installation solution not quite unlike the Super Champ.

We at Tamiyablog are very excited!

Just a thought - if this isn't a wind up you have to consider that they really couldn't re-re the Rough Rider and not do the Sand Scorcher.

At least parts availability for SRB's will be back on track, even if no SS.

Do you think they put a diff. in it this time ?