blackdogbro

58441 Rough Rider "Buggy Champ" Re-release

That would beg the question why they havent re-re'd the Monster Beetle if that was the case as they have already done the chassis with the Frog/Brat re-re

I guess its just not what the Japanese market wants which is their biggest market base.

Japan may be their biggest market, but you can bet on it that America is their second biggest market. If it wasn't you would never have seen those Baja styled cars like the Rough Rider and Scorcher, or even cars like the Jeep Wrangler or the Ford F350 - I think it's not what Japanese are interested in....but Americans are! :)

Japan may be their biggest market, but you can bet on it that America is their second biggest market. If it wasn't you would never have seen those Baja styled cars like the Rough Rider and Scorcher, or even cars like the Jeep Wrangler or the Ford F350 - I think it's not what Japanese are interested in....but Americans are! :P

Good point well put! :)

WOW! What news... I'm very excited about this release! I'll definitely get at least 2... I think that this now shows Tamiya can and will pretty much re-release any of their old kits if they think they can make money from them.

While I am happy that more people can now enjoy building one of these things fresh out of the box for the first time in decades, I am also kind of disappointed - I kind of hoped that Tamiya would leave a few of these old kits with their prestige collectible status, and 'reserve' them, ie not re-release them out of consideration to collectors.

Sand Scorcher re-release is possible, and I'm sure the licensing issue is minor - but if it's true that the Scorcher body moulds were modified to make the Monster Beetle and again to make the Blitzer Beetle, that it would possibly require a new mould to do the Sand Scorcher. If that's the case, it might not be 100% identical to the original. Maybe they might do a Scorcher body set as a low-volume show item set, like the Mountaineer body set. How much would one of those go for...

Egress, Fox and Wild One next, please!

- James

I hope the body will be the same as original!!!

Then I will probably buy 5 set or so...

Wonder if it'll be a black bumper or grey?

Badboy

more importantly will the suspension parts be made out of some weird grey plastic...... :)

Hi all and i dont know if its me (i'll say now this is MY opinion) but it doesnt say that its a re-re which leads me to think it may be a plastic model say a bigger version of the tam tech buggy champ , as with the 3 speed a plastic version not the alloy original if i have missed its and alloy re-re then i'll stand corrected , yes i know it says it on the ad but tamiya dont ! just my 2p worth ! :)

Hi all and i dont know if its me (i'll say now this is MY opinion) but it doesnt say that its a re-re which leads me to think it may be a plastic model say a bigger version of the tam tech buggy champ , as with the 3 speed a plastic version not the alloy original if i have missed its and alloy re-re then i'll stand corrected , yes i know it says it on the ad but tamiya dont ! just my 2p worth ! :)

Mark DRC2 posted this earlier:

[bagichiyanpu] (2009) [bagichiyanpu] which appears in 1979 as a leading figure of electromotive RC buggy boom returned. Without changing, basic constitution such as mechanic box of the mainframe, the die-cast make suspension arm and the clear part of 2mm thick FRP which equips the duralmin plate for reinforcement, improvement such as strengthening of front upright, structural change and ESC correspondence of the oil damper was added. Reality the body which overflows the dynamic running healthy, is the model which makes the heart of the RC fan hot. ●1/10 electromotive RC car series No.441 1/10RC BUGGY CHAMP (2009) (58441) * Total length 400mm. * Adopting the mechanic box whose dustproof characteristic is high. * The package at that time the same luxurious [buripatsuku] specification. * As for the body the plastic make of the white collar worker whom it is easy to paint. * Full bearing specification. July sale 1 梱 entrance several 2

It's a translation from the Buggy Champ's description on the Japanese Tamiya site. The piece I marked bold should mean the car is in fact not a plastic but a real alloy piece of engineering. And supergreg - the description doesn't state a diff, so it probably isn't there... Maybe Tamiya will sell it as a hopup for the car?

the description doesn't state a diff, so it probably isn't there... Maybe Tamiya will sell it as a hopup for the car?

Maybe I can sell them my design :)

Maybe I can sell them my design :P

Well it seems like a pretty simple and effective design - and it would be really cool if Tamiya came with hopups for this car. For example a diff, and I really hope CRP and other manufacturers are going to make hopups again for this car as well! :)

Latest on Tamiyablog.com

"Reissued in 30 years! !

The legendary Racing Buggy "Buggy Champ" is completely reissued! !

Released in 1979, BUGGY CHAMP, the key player of the Electric RC buggy boom, is coming back.

Equipped with a 2 mm thick FRP and reinforced duralumin plate main frame, die-cast suspension arms, and transparent parts of radio deck without changing the basic structure.

Structural changes were made to improve the strengthened front uprights, oil dampers and corresponding ESC. Experience the reailistc body and dynamic running, this is the model for entusiastic RC fans.

A faithful reproduction of the original chassis, featuring the front double trailing arm, torsion-bar type rear suspension, gear case, front axle, rear sus arm, front sus arm and wheel hub are reproduced in new die-cast type.

- Overall length 400 mm

- Full ball bearing

- Same blister packing

- Plastic white body is easy to paint

- Exclusive Li-Fe battery sold separately.

Official price is only 34000 Japanese Yen, which is approximately 340 US $ or 250 €, street price is usually quite a lot less.

Seems it will have full ball bearings, new LiFe battery, improved dampers and stiffened chassis.

We at Tamiyablog are very excited, personally I will be too happy if they really bring back the blister packaging!"

Tamiyblog:

http://www.tamiyablog.com/

I can't believe how fantastic that is !

And the source for parts this will create to finish that neverending SRB project !

And runners that you can bash and not care too much about!

Thank you Mr Tamiya.

Jerome

This video from TamOR couldn't fit this news/topic better!!!

"In 1979 Tamiya released the Rough Rider, NOW! after 30 years... he's back!"

http://www.tamiyaclubmovies.com/movies/19212/mIA81G8EW8O.wmv

Not that the vid was posted at TC 08092008!!!

It's so right and awesome vid!!!

Check it out!!!

Enjoy

Badboy

A link to his videp room:

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/movies.asp?id=19212&n=TamOR

This is great news for all the rere rough rider.

The best news for me is when i told my wife her thumbs went up and cash into the safe i can order one as soon as they take orders she has told me(WOW)

did not even grovel awsome.

cant wait :)

So it looks like there is a very good possibility the Sand Scorcher and maybe even the Super Champ could be released again also.

So it looks like there is a very good possibility the Sand Scorcher and maybe even the Super Champ could be released again also.

Yes once they went into the trouble of redoing all the castings then it's obvious that you will want to make more models out of them.

Unless copyright issues exist...

J.

That is great news then we should see the F150 also. I wonder how close the shocks will be to the originals as im about done making my coilover kits for the originals.

I was wondering if they would use the Tamtech aeration damper ones as I think a few people have used them succesfully on SRB's, the size is right.

I hope they keep them very close to originals in appearance.

I'd not be surprised if it looks like the Tamtech Buggy Champ in appearance (I mean decals wise)

Well chuffed this is being done and can't wait for better pics - As Tamiya dont have a current (off road) beetle i'd not be surprised if the Sand Scorcher is next on the list.

Need to sell some stuff pretty quick to raise some funds LOL

I agree need to get some cash fast .

I sent the daughter out last night to the local club to pick up a rich farmer ..she came home plastered fell asleep in the kitchen totally smashed with a corn chip hanging out of her mouth ,I think I need to re-think my ways of raising cash as the daughter finding a rich single farmer was a complete failure :)

Even if it comes with the tamtech style decals remember TC has great reproduction decals for the rough rider.

Even if it comes with the tamtech style decals remember TC has great reproduction decals for the rough rider.

Don't go there. The oval shape decals are way off. Better go to WillyChang's http://pandagfx.com/