blackdogbro

58441 Rough Rider "Buggy Champ" Re-release

With the discount your talking around 261 quid if you get the battery too. So you nearly save a tenner and get the battery included.

The price for the one from Fusion can be discounted by 10% for TC members, it includes an ESC, which many other suppliers won't and it includes shipping in the UK.

Prices abroad are attractive, but you need to wait, you are obliged to pay taxes on the received goods and shipping is almost never included (shipping is never included anyway, it is in the price somewhere)

Paul.

I see when you say member of tamiya club do you mean the forum or as a paid up member or something?

be cheaper at fusion then as at wonderland its going to be £266 with postage! Thats true often see overseas kits dont include an esc!

Sure are meant to be under £200 including shipping so even if get hit by customs it should still be quite a bit less!

Im in two minds what to do as also want to support our Uk shops to etc its hard now esp in recession we have here!

Thanks

Lee. :P

theres no way im paying £260 for one ooooooooooh nooo, not even with the correct front tyres!! thats me out.. on with my hornet scorcher me thinks :P

Out of interest what where people willing to pay for this release. Not selecting the view above, but I have seen the sentiment throughout this thread. Many people seem to have said yes at the begining then as the price is announced they say now way.

Personally I thought the car would be in the £250 range.

What did others think?

It's a strange one, there is a lot of metal parts especially compared to other stuff so I really couldn't of seen it under £200.

there should be a special discount

under 200 for people who want one, the ones who don't can pay the 250. Sounds good to me :P

there should be a special discount

under 200 for people who want one, the ones who don't can pay the 250. Sounds good to me :D

Thats VERY funny ROTFL

RC Champ's price according to TC on Twitter;

19900 Yen for Kit (£123, $203 US, $251 AU, 145 Euro)

3680for LiFe battery

23400 for the pair as a bundle

In response to the Q about Fusion discount - Forum members get 5%, Tamiyaclub Subscribers get 10% (£15 for TC subscription)

RC Champ's price according to TC on Twitter;

19900 Yen for Kit (£123, $203 US, $251 AU, 145 Euro)

3680for LiFe battery

23400 for the pair as a bundle

In response to the Q about Fusion discount - Forum members get 5%, Tamiyaclub Subscribers get 10% (£15 for TC subscription)

Appears to be getting cheaper!! lol Even with shipping and if got customs charges I would imagine it be under £200 for kit alone!

would get LiFe battery if i knew my charger would charge it or not!

Thanks for that may well be worth joining the TC then for 10% discount!

Thanks

Lee :D

id have thought it would have been around £160 TBH i wouldnt want to go any higher than that, may as well get an original if your going to pay £250..

... may as well get an original if your going to pay £250..

Yeah, I was thinking the same, but it would be nice to build one - blister packs and all. Still, I wouldn't consider buying an original for £250, so I don't know why I'm even comtemplating the re-re. Pure nostalgia trip, I suppose.

I really like the old tamiya kits

To get to build a rr from new in box and paint it for about 260 bones is a small price to pay.

Concerning the price for an item I really want I'm willing to pay the price that is asked for(I don't mind how much it is-as long I can afford it(of course).I'm always like this: when I want it,I buy it-when it was cheap,good for me-when it was expensive-i try to save funds somewhere else :D

Yeah, I was thinking the same, but it would be nice to build one - blister packs and all. Still, I wouldn't consider buying an original for £250, so I don't know why I'm even comtemplating the re-re. Pure nostalgia trip, I suppose.

yep, but once its all built your left with an empty cardboard box with a nice picture on and some empty blisters that are gonna be worth nout! i guess we will have to wait n see, im going to sit on it for a good few months and watch the prices. im in no rush and im a little bit put off by the fact the front tyres arent sand blaster Jr's too :D

lol i dont think theres gonna be any left after badboy has bought his cache anyway :lol:

What?!! Me?!!

;):D:unsure:

Badboy

Awefully silent about it right now!

Haven't seen many stores with the info about it.

Yester day I was walking around in town (stockholm) and went to my

LHS and asked about the kit and they didin't even know about the release?!!!

Thats frightening!!!

Badboy

Awefully silent about it right now!

Haven't seen many stores with the info about it.

Yester day I was walking around in town (stockholm) and went to my

LHS and asked about the kit and they didin't even know about the release?!!!

Thats frightening!!!

Badboy

Well, you gotta note that most LHS's are not that much into Tamiya as we are. I know much much more about Tamiya than my LHS does, so that says nothing :lol:

I know what you mean, I have to tell a local hobby store about an item, they order it from the distributor, each make their profit. Roll on the day when Tamiya are a sponsor of Tamiyaclub.com and ship orders to us directly out of the factory.

Paul.

I am with Paul...

At the beginning of each month, we all input our requirements into the fully functional e-commerce ordering site on TC (the one that Andy and Terry diligently manage) add the TC discount rate (set standard at 45% off distributor pricing for paid up members, 10% for non paying members) and within a week, products arrive...AWESOME!

Well, you gotta note that most LHS's are not that much into Tamiya as we are. I know much much more about Tamiya than my LHS does, so that says nothing ;)

But it means that the supplier haven't been informing the stores at all!!! :lol:

Badboy

In Germany it's even worse. My LHS can't sell a Buggy Champ to me because the distributor will not import it. I got this information directly from the distributor. On the other hand that's exactly what I expected since they don't import other re-res like Hotshot or Frog also :lol:

In Germany it's even worse. My LHS can't sell a Buggy Champ to me because the distributor will not import it. I got this information directly from the distributor. On the other hand that's exactly what I expected since they don't import other re-res like Hotshot or Frog also :lol:

That sounds very strange! What's wrong with people? :huh:

I was hopeing to buy from my LHS as I did back in -85 when I bought my SS

but it looks like I'm hedding for ebay or something...

Badboy