blackdogbro

58441 Rough Rider "Buggy Champ" Re-release

I think if I'm not mistaken the ones from RC Champ do not come with ESCs, hence the cheaper price tag, but definitely worth it if the difference is just a simple TEU 101BK. Jason's amended the earlier description to specify that the ESC is required, but the other sellers outside Japan all have ESC's included.

this is correct, jason does not include esc, even if sometimes he charges the same as HK sellers who do. only complaint i ever had on him TBH.

Hello,,

I have also preordered from RC champ and I am waiting like crazy for them to arrive..Seeing the BCs that are already in TC its making it worse...!!

Speaking about Jason.. :) Iam a regular customer for almost five year now and my last order from him was a mess..!! I got my Black Porsches and two of the three kit boxs have badly damaged corners .He just told me to go and find a solution with my local Post Office and was not even bother to ask me what the outcome was.Maybe he is very busy selling BCs..!! The good service is also checked when you have a problem ..... ;)

Cheers...

Thanos

Tower Hobbies in the USA, dropped their price by $10.00 to $329.00. Non Tower Club members receive $30.00 off rebate and Tower Club members can get $60 off plus free standard shipping.

Hello,,

I have also preordered from RC champ and I am waiting like crazy for them to arrive..Seeing the BCs that are already in TC its making it worse...!!

Speaking about Jason.. :) Iam a regular customer for almost five year now and my last order from him was a mess..!! I got my Black Porsches and two of the three kit boxs have badly damaged corners .He just told me to go and find a solution with my local Post Office and was not even bother to ask me what the outcome was.Maybe he is very busy selling BCs..!! The good service is also checked when you have a problem ..... ;)

Cheers...

Thanos

Thanos,

The corners of your box were damaged and you call that a "mess"! LOL I'd call box being opened and contents missing / stolen a mess! Boxes get damaged in shipment. It's not Jason's fault that the various couriers who handled your order decided to throw it around. Putting fragile on a box does not mean some disgruntled courier isn't going to throw a 50 kg package on top of yours.

Crikey at this rate I'm gonna be in the minority of members who have the U.K. release.

Just worked Jason's price out to £225 delivered. ESC or no ESC it's very tempting compared to the £269 pre-order I got at Fusion.

What to do ....... what to do ....... nah, I'll stick with Fusion, they've always been good to me and they are local so there's a chance I can go pick it up rather than wait for the postie.

Crikey at this rate I'm gonna be in the minority of members who have the U.K. release.

Just worked Jason's price out to £225 delivered. ESC or no ESC it's very tempting compared to the £269 pre-order I got at Fusion.

Thing is, add VAT @ 15% (charged on the cost including shipping), the post office handling charge and an ESC, there's really not much in it - in fact it may cost slightly more to import. it's the luck of the draw with customs/the post office, really. personally I seem to be on a 100% run in the last 3 months of getting stung on anything over £25 from outside the EU, so I'm ordering from time tunnel...

Have there been any kits parted out yet?

I think RC Champ buy in bulk direct from Tamiya,thats why they can pass on great prices to the customer.I have heard they state the true value on customs dec forms so import duty could be payable.Other HK sellers have to pay more but are more helpfull on dec forms so usually scrape through unscathed.

RC Champ,Stellamodels and Jason are all good to buy from IMO.

BUT,please support your local model shop if you can,they really need your trade too ;)

If there was not a saving of £94 from HK then i would buy at my local but £94 is better off in my pocket than the guy at the LHS :)

plus the guy at my LHS drive's a £40,000 pound car so he seems to be doing alright ;)

Exactly - mine has several people working in their LHS, and their main selling point is cars and parts from FG (you know, those 1/5th scale Petrol Buggies) - and then you just know they're making big profits - more than 80 euros for two FG Marder tires!? :) There's a big profit in there for them, you know...

Anyway, when does someone start a build thread of the re-re Rough Rider? At least now you can finally open the blister packs again safely without losing hundreds and hundreds of dollars of value :)

Ive just payed for mine from Rc champ, I ordered the kit with life battery and the life charger also and it works out including all shipping

paypal charges etc to be £284, if i work it out less battery and charger it comes to about £199 all in so even if you get custom charges may save about £30 or so,

if you pay £260 for it in UK.

With what i have bought including battery and charger not sure if i have saved much as i havent even seen a price for life battery or charger in the UK so will see!

No doubt i will get custom charges lol but we will see!

Any one know typical length of shipping from rc champ to UK?

going by shipping charges the kit must weigh around 4kg which sounds about right to me.

Thanks

Lee :)

3-5 days unless it gets ( cough ) caught.

Jason now got decals from BC but I didn´t see anything else !? Maybe someone were FAST on the buy-it-now buttons :)

Ive just payed for mine from Rc champ, I ordered the kit with life battery and the life charger also and it works out including all shipping

paypal charges etc to be £284, if i work it out less battery and charger it comes to about £199 all in so even if you get custom charges may save about £30 or so,

if you pay £260 for it in UK.

With what i have bought including battery and charger not sure if i have saved much as i havent even seen a price for life battery or charger in the UK so will see!

No doubt i will get custom charges lol but we will see!

going by shipping charges the kit must weigh around 4kg which sounds about right to me.

Thanks

What was the shipping charge from them?

QUOTE(zulu69 @ Jul 15 2009, 06:00 PM)

Hello,,

Speaking about Jason.. Iam a regular customer for almost five year now and my last order from him was a mess..!! I got my Black Porsches and two of the three kit boxs have badly damaged corners .He just told me to go and find a solution with my local Post Office and was not even bother to ask me what the outcome was.Maybe he is very busy selling BCs..!! The good service is also checked when you have a problem .....

Cheers...

Thanos

Thanos,

The corners of your box were damaged and you call that a "mess"! LOL I'd call box being opened and contents missing / stolen a mess! Boxes get damaged in shipment. It's not Jason's fault that the various couriers who handled your order decided to throw it around. Putting fragile on a box does not mean some disgruntled courier isn't going to throw a 50 kg package on top of yours.

Jason should know better, he's easily the most experienced "valuable kitbox" packer/trader in the world.

My 934 also sufferred some damage - it was only wrapped in 1 layer of bubblewrap and placed into a larger thin cardboard box which was big enough to let it rattle around. Lucky the 934 box is a bit stronger & rigid than your usual 2pc kitbox. He can safely assume his customers all value a mint condition kitbox.

Compared with Stella ... last time i bought it kit & asked for "colllector" packing, it came triple bubblewrapped, styrofoam sheets to stop panel damage then a double-walled larger box that fitted the innards exactly.

ain't found any bits yet :)

maybe by the weekend

this is correct, jason does not include esc, even if sometimes he charges the same as HK sellers who do. only complaint i ever had on him TBH.

Just in case it hasn't been stated, everyone needs to know that the Japanese domestic market Tamiya cars DON'T come with an ESC in the box... ever.

The ESC is international market cars only...

sucks for us that live in Japan :)

3-5 days unless it gets ( cough ) caught.

I expect it will not had much luck lately with stuff from US either lol!

Thanks

What was the shipping charge from them?

It was 8600yen and i dont imagine the charger or battery added much weight. its about £55 i think and that is the charge for up to 4.5kgas they

state on jap postal site so its correct.

Thanks

RRP JPY 34,000

Looks like Champ still saying they're JPY 19,900 kit or JPY 23,400 with LF1100 pack.

Doesn't sound like they're tempted to profiteer.

I dont no much about overseas purchasing as this is the first time i have brought a car from overseas.

I recived a email today from Rc champ and im happy to say i did not question the price not once.

I think his price is fair so i have paid and had confirmation that it has been sent today with tracking number.

In my opinion a seller that has been doing this for some time would no what the charges would be meaning the price we pay as a buyer delivered

to our door should be what is charged. Like i have said this is the first time i have brought from overseas so its new to me.

I hope all goes well i have no doubt that it wont.

this is a cut and past of what the kit is costing me here in australia for 1 kit and the life battery.

Dear Mr.Corrie

Hello.How are you doing,sir?

We've just got the Tamiya Buggy Champ kits today.

Here is total amount for your pre-order.

1 x Tamiya 58441 Buggy Champ 2009 kit with LiFe battery combo Discounted price 23400Yen

Shipping charge 6800Yen

Paypal charge 1770Yen

Grand total 31970Yen

This means i payed a total of $433.40 AUD = ¥31,970 JPY.

This was taken from the recipt of paypal after i paid.

I have had confirmation that it has been sent today.

I hope this helps any other australian buyers or just general help to others.

First time for me to from Rc champ, and its looks like my shipping is higher either because of UK and Aus are different or its because of charger also adding to weight. yeah for me its a good price will be even better if i dont get charged customs!

I payed about 2 hours ago so just waiting for my tracking number etc now!

Thanks

Lee ;)

I just paid my Buggy Champ to RC Champ. Shipping to Germany is 7800 Yen.

Well I think I will get the tracking number tomorrow because in Japan it's end of the workday now, though they have a lot to do now... ;)

I got my invoice today as well from RC Champ

2x NIB BC.

2x Batteries.

All up $820.56 Posted to Australia

Should sneak by customs nicely ...Fingers crossed

Question does RC Champ send these kits out with ESC's ??? Anybody please

Perhaps shipping to Australia is slightly cheaper as we are considered to live in the Asia Pacific region .

Dear Mr.*****

Hello.How are you doing,sir?

We've just got the Tamiya Buggy Champ kits today.

Here is total amount for your pre-order.

2 x Tamiya 58441 Buggy Champ 2009 kit with LiFe battery combo Discounted price 23400x2=46800Yen

Shipping charge 11800Yen

Paypal charge 2906Yen

Grand total 61506Yen

yes shipping to australia from hong kong/japan etc is way cheaper than to the uk, and shipping from UK to australia is super expensive now..

i'm gonna play the waiting game with this, i'll be getting mine from stella i think.

No ESC on Japanese kits I'm afraid...

Thanks for that ;)

Its no biggie whats a couple of ESC's really in the scheme of things .

I will just raid one of my kits for the moment :)

ahh that be why my shipping is higher as i doubt the charger weighs anything!

still waiting on confirmation of payment recieved and all important tracking number.

Dont need esc here either and us in first batch get a t-shirt which id much rather have!

Thanks

Lee ;)