blackdogbro

58441 Rough Rider "Buggy Champ" Re-release

Im just about to start the dampers, i like how is different to your usual kit being lots ofmetal the rear end is well solid! just wonder how solid chassis will be.

I thought looking at al bits it b a quick build but some bits are quite time consuming to!

I'm still awaiting my delivery with exited anticipation. I haven't done an NIB kit build in ten years since I got a 306 maxi.

Try this:

www.component-shop.co.uk

He sells on eBay aswell as 'itle'. He sells Vapextech Sub-C cells in the hump configuration. I've bought some other stuff, wires etc., from him some time back and he wasn't a bad seller from what I remember. That being the case I'm thinking of getting some hump packs from him soon. Hope that helps. :)

Try this:

www.component-shop.co.uk

He sells on eBay aswell as 'itle'. He sells Vapextech Sub-C cells in the hump configuration.

They are good ordered lots from them have wire and conectors etc to and lots of other stuff! was going to get my hump packs to from them but have gone for the life pack!

YEP!!!! Just received mine from Tower Hobbies!!! Tower still shows availability for early August.. seems like I got in on the initial order!! I'm flying out tomorrow to Las Vegas for a Bachelor Party.. now I wish I wasn't lol.

Does anyone know if the Black Can Sport Tuned motor will fit the buggy champ yet?

Yep the black can Sports tuned will fitt... just finished mine with one ;-)

Seems to have "plenty" of room in the casing... mayebe a brusless????

Hope to have it ready by the weekend..

Just wondered on the fitting quality. Whether any of you noticed some "faults" or less perfect fits during the build.

I had to do some small filing and fiddling on my gearcase.

1. The top left holes ( on the back side) did not allign up properly. Had to make a loose fit on this one and then had to insert the other ones and tighten them. It worked but was not what I had expected! Old gearboxes alsways alligned up perfectly and have had a perfect fit...

2. The top left hole of the gear cover also did not allign. Had to file it out for some 1 - 1,5 mm to have the screw in place.

Also missed one screw of 22 mm for the rear shock assembly at the point where the roll bar and the rear bumper are joined. I thought I screwed one in the gear case but that was not the case..

Any of you experienced these hick ups?

Tamland67

Mine arrived from Stellamodels the other day! Wheee! Blister packs uncrushed.

I've only every seen an SRB in the flesh on a shelf at another member's house, I've never actually picked one up and looked at one, let alone seen one new in its box.

I bought them as a birthday present to myself, and so I'm not permitting myself to build one until my actual birthday. But I've peeked inside the kit box, and needless to say I am very excited! Can't wait!

- James

Does anybody know if the front swayarm pins are standard soft metal or harden steel?

If soft how about RA1028 fabricate some? :D:):(

Please?

Badboy

could also try tempering them... heat them until red hot then quench them into cold water

Try this:

www.component-shop.co.uk

He sells on eBay aswell as 'itle'. He sells Vapextech Sub-C cells in the hump configuration. I've bought some other stuff, wires etc., from him some time back and he wasn't a bad seller from what I remember. That being the case I'm thinking of getting some hump packs from him soon. Hope that helps. <_<

Hi VagabondStarJXF I couldnt locate a seller called itle? is that the full Ebay sellers name? cheers :)

EDIT: thanks Blacque Jacque :)

Hi VagabondStarJXF I couldnt locate a seller called itle? is that the full Ebay seeler name? cheers <_<

His seller name is itl-e, here's a direct ebay shop link >> Component Shop on Ebay

If you're buying more than one item, it will be cheaper from the webshop rather than Ebay :)

Hello I am new to the club, but,,,,,,

My buggy champ arrived today, and is begging to be built <_<

Yep the black can Sports tuned will fitt... just finished mine with one ;-)

Seems to have "plenty" of room in the casing... mayebe a brusless????

Hope to have it ready by the weekend..

built mine up last night, with exception of electronics. Thanks for letting me know about the black can. Brushless is tempting.. most likely I will stick with the black can.. SRB is not meant for speed... just to kick up some sand!

So far 35 Buggy Champs at TC!

How many are still NIB?

Badboy

well one is still nib. The other has got to the rolling chassis stage.

just need to sort out painting and finishing the shell off.

still now sure that i want to get it dirty or not lol

So far 35 Buggy Champs at TC!

How many are still NIB?

Badboy

How do you know its 35? :)

2 :)

I believe Tamiya Canada got the Buggy Champ since I got a call from my LHS ;)

woot just got the buggy today!

i'll have mine on monday...so i get to suffer all weekend...i will be blowing up u.p.s.com with my tracking # and refreshing ;)