blackdogbro

58441 Rough Rider "Buggy Champ" Re-release

Im not getting leaks from the threads but more so the seal, its not pouring our out anything just after working it up and down some by hand you can

see it on shaft is that normal? after a lot of running this would attract dirt etc, might just mean they need cleaning after a dusty run!

If it had 2 of those orange/brown o-rings we would be fine but can see there is no room for another also!

Going to try some green slime on seals when i can get some.

no chance you guys have nicked the rubber seals when inserting the rod?

usually we lube the o-rings with AE Green Slime when assembling shocks

no chance you guys have nicked the rubber seals when inserting the rod?

usually we lube the o-rings with AE Green Slime when assembling shocks

Possible i guess though did go very carefully when putting them in, just a shame i think they couldnt get 2 seals in like on there modern plastic ones

which never leak on me!

yeah i need to get some now asap!

Looks like every paintscheme seems to be a nice choice!!!

Like it actully!!

Badboy

Just got my BC today. Originally was going to pick it up in Japan later this year as they're a bit cheaper out there.

However my coworker just bought one last week, built it halfway, and decided he wasn't into it. He came over earlier today and asked if I wanted to buy it.

At first I was thinking, nah...but when he said "give me $100 and it's yours" how am I going to say no? :P

Gotta love the guy!

He's a great builder too...actually I wish he'd finish off the chassis, haha.

Just got my BC today. Originally was going to pick it up in Japan later this year as they're a bit cheaper out there.

However my coworker just bought one last week, built it halfway, and decided he wasn't into it. He came over earlier today and asked if I wanted to buy it.

At first I was thinking, nah...but when he said "give me $100 and it's yours" how am I going to say no? :P

Gotta love the guy!

You are one lucky...... guy! ;)

Stop the clock! Here is mine:

Heavy gold! Nice touch.

I have a feeling you are not satisfied with the driver. :P

Gotta love the guy!

i am looking at mine(buggy champ) right at this moment...i just signed for it about 15 min. ago :P

i swear nothing ever happens to me like someone offering me a new BC for 100....geeezzzz,lucky.

i must say, after having it(BC)in my posession for awhile with the shrikwrap still on it...feels-unreal.

i bought a sand scorcher back in 1983..sold it for a gold rc10...(oh well ;) ).i found the receipt for the sand scorcher after all these years $139.99....i want to scan and show you guys soon...it's such a trip!

Edited by skinned

Heavy gold! Nice touch.

I have a feeling you are not satisfied with the driver. ;)

Cheeky! But the head did come out a mess :P

i am looking at mine(buggy champ) right at this moment...i just signed for it about 15 min. ago ;)

i swear nothing ever happens to me like someone offering me a new BC for 100....geeezzzz,lucky.

i must say, after having it(BC)in my posession for awhile with the shrikwrap still on it...feels-unreal.

i bought a sand scorcher back in 1983..sold it for a gold rc10...(oh well :P ).i found the receipt for the sand scorcher after all these years $139.99....i want to scan and show you guys soon...it's such a trip!

$139? really??? I could of sworn they were in the 200's which is why I got the Brat.. Cause I could not afford them.

yeah 139.99...i need to scan that receipt soon....lol

i also found the receipt for my celica gr.b...a whopping $292.00 back in 1992.

I see that Stella have sold out their second batch and Jason is now waiting for the next bunch too. This kit is hot!

Wonder what the response has been like in ordinary hobby shops around the world?

I did see a Buggy Champ behind the counter at a local model shop when I passed through on saturday. The bloke behind the counter said he'd only been sent two and that he'd asked for more, so I think demand is ahead of supply for the time being.

there still seems to be a question mark over the limited, or not, nature of the kit, though it was reassuring to see the usual full japanese mail order spare parts list with yen prices on the back page of the manual.

and with that, here's mine:

SANY1298.jpg

My son insisted on red to match the box art.

nice box art red, i was thinking about seeing a red one,then poof!!

i like it....good job.

i had 2 guys say this is not limited that work at tamiya :)

Who knows when buggy champ spares will be available ?

Just uploaded the list to our site this evening, I'm pretty sure the spares will start flowing within the next couple of weeks:

http://goldstarstockists.net/live/catalog/...?keywords=58441

I did see a Buggy Champ behind the counter at a local model shop when I passed through on saturday. The bloke behind the counter said he'd only been sent two and that he'd asked for more

Odd, very odd. He must have ordered them too late. I asked for a van full, and got a van full :)

I did see a Buggy Champ behind the counter at a local model shop when I passed through on saturday. The bloke behind the counter said he'd only been sent two and that he'd asked for more, so I think demand is ahead of supply for the time being.

there still seems to be a question mark over the limited, or not, nature of the kit, though it was reassuring to see the usual full japanese mail order spare parts list with yen prices on the back page of the manual.

and with that, here's mine:

SANY1298.jpg

My son insisted on red to match the box art.

looks amazing in red.. Ironically box art is actually orange.. Listed in manual.. Red looks much better though

Just uploaded the list to our site this evening, I'm pretty sure the spares will start flowing within the next couple of weeks:

http://goldstarstockists.net/live/catalog/...?keywords=58441

Odd, very odd. He must have ordered them too late. I asked for a van full, and got a van full :)

cool. Mine was bought from you. very happy with the service :-) glad to hear that the spares are on the way, I'm certainly thinking about buying another body set.

looks amazing in red.. Ironically box art is actually orange.. Listed in manual.. Red looks much better though

Thanks. I know that officially the boxart colour is orange, but it's always looked red to me. the colour I used was humbrol's aerosol acrylic.

This may be a noob question but do these come with the T-shirt and battery pack I have been seeing in all the pics? Is that only the Japan version or do we get those in america too??Also, anyone know who sells them the cheapest in the USA right now?

So when are we going to see Action pictures of the Buggy Champ?!!

Badboy

This may be a noob question but do these come with the T-shirt and battery pack I have been seeing in all the pics? Is that only the Japan version or do we get those in america too??Also, anyone know who sells them the cheapest in the USA right now?

you get neither...

i got mine from rpphobby.com

So when are we going to see Action pictures of the Buggy Champ?!!

Badboy

not mine but....

not mine but....

Just watching the vid and saw that it's not as bouncy as the older one... Or em I wrong?

Badboy