blackdogbro

58441 Rough Rider "Buggy Champ" Re-release

It's usually a case of find the price in USD .... and multiply by 1 to get the price in GBP :D

Did you mean multiply by 2? :unsure:

If it is £400 I don't see the Buggy Champ selling very well, except to us devoted TC members.

yeh same reply for me, i kind of expected around £250 ish but 300-400 is a bit on the steep side, will have to check the bay.

Did you mean multiply by 2? :unsure:

Looks like it in this case ... I won't be buying one at that price - that's silly money.

I don't think I'd bother with a Super Champ or Sand Scorcher at that price either.

I think it's great that Tamiya is re-releasing this kit, but there's no way I can afford one at that price. I'll leave it for the collectors in that case.

Steve

Back to ebay to buy those rusty old bangers, they clean up great and you can use them as spares for your Buggy Champ :unsure:

Stop panicing people, it's NOT going to cost £300. Look at the link http://www.rakuseimodel.co.jp/index_top.php on the first page of this thread. It says 20500 JPY, which equates to roughly £140. The UK dealers might try and charge silly money for it but if you import it from Japan I bet you will pick it up for less than £200. No way could Tamiya justify asking premium prices for 30 year old technology.

Also, judging from the link, it looks like the first production run comes with that T-Shirt too. A bit like the re-re Brat with the chrome chassis. :unsure:

I wonder if this could be one of those kits that UK dealers will get burned on? As an example, a full option Knight Hauler will set you back ~£700 here in the UK whilst it can be bought from a Hong Kong seller for under £500. If they try and ask a price of similar proportion for the Rough Rider - say ~£250 - then they may be in for some pretty poor sales figures IMHO. I think most enthusiasts will stretch to £200 but no more than that.

Do you guys think the TC/WillyChang repro decals will start sell alot soon?

Badboy

eBay price from Hong Kong seller will be a little less than 200 pounds.

RA1028 - as you've helped us out on the forum with pictures, etc, just wondered whether you had an online shop? Maybe us TC members can return the favour by buying some Buggy Champs from you.

RA1028 - as you've helped us out on the forum with pictures, etc, just wondered whether you had an online shop? Maybe us TC members can return the favour by buying some Buggy Champs from you.

Thanks for this suggestion!

Actually, I plan to go crazy and grab as many as I can when the Buggy Champ arrive in Hong Kong. Some will sell as whole kit and some will break and sell as parts. But since I don't know how many I can get, I will put them up for sale here only when i have actual stock on hand. So wait and see in July.

For your reference, I am an experience part-time seller who sold over 500 Defender hardbody on TC, scale4x4rc and eBay. :unsure:

Thanks for this suggestion!

Actually, I plan to go crazy and grab as many as I can when the Buggy Champ arrive in Hong Kong. But since I don't know how many I can get, I will put them up for sale here only when i have actual stock on hand. :lol:

Do you take a pre-order for 2x champs? ;)

Do you take a pre-order for 2x champs? :lol:

A few people already contacted me for this. If you or anyone is interested, feel free to contact me via TC homepage user id: RA1028

Does that price include shipping??

Does that price include shipping??

It is just an estimation on the price. Total price included shipping to UK will be around 235 GBP.

The avalanche of SRB stuff on eBay is continuing.

Two items of note I spotted tonight were a painted Rough Rider bodyshell with a BIN of £195.00 and, this is brilliant, a radio box (as new!) with a BIN of $435.00 thats £276.00 !

Any vintage collectors who don't know about the re-re (any?) must be looking at eBay and scratching their heads in wonderment at all the stuff popping up.

I have spoken to a few buyers and they are happy to be able to be buying original stock. One chap who I sold a Rough Rider roof to is a member here on TC and I asked him if he knew about the re issue and he said he was, but was happy to be buying an original for $85.

Paul.

It is just an estimation on the price. Total price included shipping to UK will be around 235 GBP.

Plus VAT and handle charge of about £40.

Cant be just for the kit or what ??? Sounds a tad expensive if it is. :lol:

Those are MSRP. Like the Jeep Wrangler. MSRP: 21800 Yen. Street price: 16000 yen.