blackdogbro

58441 Rough Rider "Buggy Champ" Re-release

As I'm not going for the new LiFe pack I have a quick Q about NiMH cells... Is it worth using competition grade cells in the Buggy Champ (or any SRB)? I was going to just get a Vapextech hump pack (after I've sorted out my radio gear :D) but after looking at a couple of sites that offer battery making services I'm thinking of getting something made up of zapped cells. It'll cost me more but I've never been happier with a battery pack than when I got a Tamiya 2400SP Zapped pack for my TA04 drift project. I can't use it in one of my Off-Roaders though (they're all out of commission at the moment) so I have no idea if it's worthwhile.

So what does everyone think? Zapped/Competition cells for use in the Buggy Champ = good call or unnecessary expense?

One bit of advice and one question.

Advice.

The mech box and the motor/gearbox are sealed.

I've run 1500s through it and both get hot.

I reckon if you continuously run it hard you will not want more than a 2500mah battery. Otherwise something will go bang in the mech box and you'll be waiting along time for the gearbox to cool down. In the 80's these were known for blowing up! Usually when modified to charge in the mech box. The battery "vents", the gas then explodes in the confined space.

Question.

Does everyones little man hit his head on the roof?

I expected there to be a gap.

yeah..you should have an extra little bag in the kit that has another set of rods that are bigger

did not get that bag in my kit. Wil have to come up with something else

yeah..you should have an extra little bag in the kit that has another set of rods that are bigger

I just checked my 2 NIB's out they dont have the extra little bags either .

Only extra bag I got is one with a white piece of instruction paper with a tiny washer to add to the front end.

And I do remember seeing them somewhere on TC I think it was the first person who got one on TC that had them in his kit.

Is there anyways of obtaining these extra parts that should have been put into the kits ??.

One would think if they were an extra part that was added they should be in the kit or there must be a way of obtaining them without having to pay since they should have been there and therefore thoreticallly we have already paid for them.

Stuart

I just checked my 2 NIB's out they dont have the extra little bags either .

Only extra bag I got is one with a white piece of instruction paper with a tiny washer to add to the front end.

And I do remember seeing them somewhere on TC I think it was the first person who got one on TC that had them in his kit.

Is there anyways of obtaining these extra parts that should have been put into the kits ??.

One would think if they were an extra part that was added they should be in the kit or there must be a way of obtaining them without having to pay since they should have been there and therefore thoreticallly we have already paid for them.

Stuart

yeah man ...that sucks..they come in a liitle clear bag just like the one that little washer came in(except 2 rods)...i would email or call tamiya for sure for some free ones...hopefully there is not that waiting period that just drives you insane.unless,it's gonna be a shelfer.

yeah man ...that sucks..they come in a liitle clear bag just like the one that little washer came in(except 2 rods)...i would email or call tamiya for sure for some free ones...hopefully there is not that waiting period that just drives you insane.unless,it's gonna be a shelfer.

Yeah I was just reading that on another forum (saw your BC there as well ;) )

So would I email Tamiya Japan directly as the only other email addy's are for their suppliers ? .

I purchased my kits from RC Champ not from Australia suppliers .

Not that I can understand Japanese or can find anything that remotly looks like an email address on Tamiya Japan site :(

Anyone got Tamiya official email addy please.

My Japanese consits of the word Sushi and Samarui :D

Thanks for your help :D

Yeah I was just reading that on another forum (saw your BC there as well ;) )

So would I email Tamiya Japan directly as the only other email addy's are for their suppliers ? .

I purchased my kits from RC Champ not from Australia suppliers .

Not that I can understand Japanese or can find anything that remotly looks like an email address on Tamiya Japan site :(

Anyone got Tamiya official email addy please.

My Japanese consits of the word Sushi and Samarui :D

Thanks for your help :D

one of these should do it

u.s.a.- http://www.tamiyausa.com/contact/index.php

japan- https://secure.tamiya.com/forms/qe_form.htm

i emailed both before and have gotten replies.sometimes it takes a day or 2.

Thankyou very much for your help I really appreciate it .

I will fire off an email now to them .

Thanks again .

Stuart

...and if you are in UK? LOL. Just wondered who I would contact about any matter Tamiya related, in UK!

Cheers,

Alistair G.

...and if you are in UK? LOL. Just wondered who I would contact about any matter Tamiya related, in UK!

Cheers,

Alistair G.

try this

U.K.* -The Hobby Company Limited- 01908-209-480 - enquiries@hobbyco.net

this is all i could find.

Hi Alistair,

All the kits we had included the rods. If you didn't receive them in your Buggy Champ I would contact the retailer who sold you the kit and they should be able to get the parts from the Hobby Co. If you purchased the kit outside the UK you should contact the retailer.

Hope that helps.

James

Hi Alistair,

All the kits we had included the rods. If you didn't receive them in your Buggy Champ I would contact the retailer who sold you the kit and they should be able to get the parts from the Hobby Co. If you purchased the kit outside the UK you should contact the retailer.

Hope that helps.

James

Ta. Haven't actually bought one yet, since I have the originals. Just lurking here and enjoying the read. Thanks for the advice.

Regards,

Alistair G.

try this

U.K.* -The Hobby Company Limited- 01908-209-480 - enquiries@hobbyco.net

this is all i could find.

Thanks for that. Will come in useful.

Cheers,

Alistair G.

Ta. Haven't actually bought one yet, since I have the originals. Just lurking here and enjoying the read. Thanks for the advice.

Regards,

Alistair G.

You're welcome.

James

I emailed Tamiya Japan and RC Champ to cover all my bases hopefully I will get an answer from one.

I couldnt use Tamiya America as Iam not in the US .

I got the T-Shirt release kits I read somewhere that they held back the 30th anniversary kits until these parts were included .

That begs the question why not include them in the T-Shirt editions as well.

Its my luck that if something is going to be missing Iam going to get it .

Never been lucky only thing I ever won was a carton of beer in a club raffle I was walking home pretty drunk decided I couldnt walk any further fell asleep in somebodies front yard used the carton of beer as a pillow woke up in the morning with an empty carton under my head .......unlucky is my middle name :)

I emailed Tamiya Japan and RC Champ to cover all my bases hopefully I will get an answer from one.

I couldnt use Tamiya America as Iam not in the US .

I got the T-Shirt release kits I read somewhere that they held back the 30th anniversary kits until these parts were included .

That begs the question why not include them in the T-Shirt editions as well.

Its my luck that if something is going to be missing Iam going to get it .

Never been lucky only thing I ever won was a carton of beer in a club raffle I was walking home pretty drunk decided I couldnt walk any further fell asleep in somebodies front yard used the carton of beer as a pillow woke up in the morning with an empty carton under my head .......unlucky is my middle name :)

I got one of the first batch including the T from rc champ, I have assembled it and ran it once so far and the steering seems fine to me, it was

quite hard to turn the ball ends on the rods and feels solid am i missing bits?

Thats story of the beer carton is well funny what a chuckle lol, can you still buy cartons of beer?

I got one of the first batch including the T from rc champ, I have assembled it and ran it once so far and the steering seems fine to me, it was

quite hard to turn the ball ends on the rods and feels solid am i missing bits?

Thats story of the beer carton is well funny what a chuckle lol, can you still buy cartons of beer?

I hope I can get the same results from my BC's as you did even with those missing parts .But I still hope to get them as they should have been included and they are a replacement part.

Yep we can still buy beer cartons here in Aussie always have always will its an Aussie icon turn up to a party with a slab on your shoulders.

I still dont know who stole / drank my prize probably the home owner when he found me asleep on his nice soft front lawn I was so comfy as well .

What can I say I was young and foolish in hindsight I should have stashed them away for pick up in the morning :) but I thought what better security than using them as a pillow the only problem being you can do anything to a drunk person and they wont wake up .Guess I should have been gratefull I didnt wake up with one shaved eyebrow as well :blink:

I hope I can get the same results from my BC's as you did even with those missing parts .But I still hope to get them as they should have been included and they are a replacement part.

Yep we can still buy beer cartons here in Aussie always have always will its an Aussie icon turn up to a party with a slab on your shoulders.

I still dont know who stole / drank my prize probably the home owner when he found me asleep on his nice soft front lawn I was so comfy as well .

What can I say I was young and foolish in hindsight I should have stashed them away for pick up in the morning :) but I thought what better security than using them as a pillow the only problem being you can do anything to a drunk person and they wont wake up .Guess I should have been gratefull I didnt wake up with one shaved eyebrow as well :blink:

Makes me think I have the correct parts then? i got the little one spacer in seperate bag with little sheet that goes between rod and front upright!

well i want my bits to if im meant to have some even just for spares!

lol I see its like cardboard box with a bag in it? we have same over here but wine and have like little tap on them.

hehe never mind sure you had plenty of beer since!

I contacted TA America and they are sending me new rods. Nice of them, but in reality the rods are very week and so are the ball end caps. My front feel bumped the edge of a cabinet and the ball end popped right off lol... Best to use ball end caps from another kit. Usually throttle linkage kits from Gas cars use 4 mm ball ends and are made of a stiffer plastic and wont pop off so easily.

You live in Australia, mate..... how can you get any luckier than that?????

Alex

Makes me think I have the correct parts then? i got the little one spacer in seperate bag with little sheet that goes between rod and front upright!

well i want my bits to if im meant to have some even just for spares!

lol I see its like cardboard box with a bag in it? we have same over here but wine and have like little tap on them.

hehe never mind sure you had plenty of beer since!

We have cardboard with wine in them as well they are called casks I have heard them called other names but cant use that name here.

We also have cartons of beer cardboard with like 24 beer cans in them or bottles (called stubbies) I know its another language .If you go to a BBQ or Party without a slab in arm you get the deathstare like you know what people are thinking if you think your going to drink my beers you have another thing coming .

Most blokes guard their beers in esky more than they watch out for their sheila (Girl) their beers never more than an arms reach away.

We call them a slab of beer so when you go into a bottleshop you ask the shop assistant where do you keep the slabs mate (Although most Aussies know how to sniff a beer out at 20 paces and most make a bee line to the cool room).

I agree if your meant to have those parts and you already paid for the kit you might as well get what your owed its hard to tell if you got the right parts in your kit but I would say you didnt as the extra parts come in a seperate bag :)

I havent received an email from Tamiya Japan or RC Champ as yet about the parts I hope to get them as I feel my kits are not complete without them .

Yep your right Alex we are pretty lucky mate to be living here and to be Aussies I couldnt imagine being anything else or living anywhere else B)

Yep your right Alex we are pretty lucky mate to be living here and to be Aussies I couldnt imagine being anything else or living anywhere else :)

With all the snakes and spiders... Mmmmm... Poison... Venom.... B)

But you can allways run them over with you Buggy Champ!!!!

Back to subject, will the limited T-shirt edition be more saught after you think?

Badboy

We have cardboard with wine in them as well they are called casks I have heard them called other names but cant use that name here.

We also have cartons of beer cardboard with like 24 beer cans in them or bottles (called stubbies) I know its another language .If you go to a BBQ or Party without a slab in arm you get the deathstare like you know what people are thinking if you think your going to drink my beers you have another thing coming .

Most blokes guard their beers in esky more than they watch out for their sheila (Girl) their beers never more than an arms reach away.

We call them a slab of beer so when you go into a bottleshop you ask the shop assistant where do you keep the slabs mate (Although most Aussies know how to sniff a beer out at 20 paces and most make a bee line to the cool room).

I agree if your meant to have those parts and you already paid for the kit you might as well get what your owed its hard to tell if you got the right parts in your kit but I would say you didnt as the extra parts come in a seperate bag :)

I havent received an email from Tamiya Japan or RC Champ as yet about the parts I hope to get them as I feel my kits are not complete without them .

Yep your right Alex we are pretty lucky mate to be living here and to be Aussies I couldnt imagine being anything else or living anywhere else B)

yeah we have boxes with cans or bottles in them to! hehe yeah different teminology for sure, oh yeah got to bring own drink or else

got one tommorow eve, so need to bring a few beers!

hehe yeah mine tommorow will be going in a big cooler i knwo last time some drank all mine as i got good stuff doh!

yeah sure should i can only guess i have right parts or we need to take pics of right and wrong parts and post them on here?

I would love to visit Aus one day for sure be one of those dream holidays for me!

Can someone take pictures of the 2 types of rods that came with the BC please so us people out there who didnt get the replacement set can see the difference between the 2 types .

It would be very helpfull :)

Thanks

Stuart

Can someone take pictures of the 2 types of rods that came with the BC please so us people out there who didnt get the replacement set can see the difference between the 2 types .

It would be very helpfull :)

Thanks

Stuart

Left hand side rods have bad threading and appear "squarish". Right side rods have proper tapered edge threading from the start. This is the rods that came in a separate pack. :)

leftbadrightok.jpg