blackdogbro

58441 Rough Rider "Buggy Champ" Re-release

I see the difference :) there is a huge difference really .

Thankyou very much for posting those pictures they will be very helpfull .

I have yet to hear from Tamiya Japan or RC Champ about this I had another look in my NIB's thinking perhaps they were put in loose but nope they are definatly not in either kits .

I dont understand why they made it into some kits and not others Tamiya are usually on the ball when it comes to this sort of thing .

Thanks again :)

Stuart

I see the difference :) there is a huge difference really .

Thankyou very much for posting those pictures they will be very helpfull .

I have yet to hear from Tamiya Japan or RC Champ about this I had another look in my NIB's thinking perhaps they were put in loose but nope they are definatly not in either kits .

I dont understand why they made it into some kits and not others Tamiya are usually on the ball when it comes to this sort of thing .

Thanks again :)

Stuart

Interesting will have a look at mine on weekend and see if mine looks like bad threads! I reckon that they either didnt realise or forgot about these for the first batch

and thats why we not got them!

Here in Singapore, when the BC shipment arrived in early July, Stargek (Tamiya disti) could not release for sale because of this issue and had to wait for the replacement rods to include into each box. This is what I understand that led to delays in release for the kit.

So all authorised distributors or resellers should have received the same instructions I believe.

Hi everyone,

Got mine some days ago but I noticed that pipe joints are numbered 1, 3, 3, 4!!! Number 2 missing... Also rear arms both have a number "1" on them. Should there be a number "2"??? Has anyone experienced that or is it only me??? :)

Hi everyone,

Got mine some days ago but I noticed that pipe joints are numbered 1, 3, 3, 4!!! Number 2 missing... Also rear arms both have a number "1" on them. Should there be a number "2"??? Has anyone experienced that or is it only me??? :)

The numbers could be for mould cavity identification. The parts are symmetrical and identical all round. Mine came without running numbers too, but all fitted well and ok. :)

Interesting will have a look at mine on weekend and see if mine looks like bad threads! I reckon that they either didnt realise or forgot about these for the first batch

and thats why we not got them!

I could not see the difference until I put them in the light and held out a magnifying glass....ha ha ha. That's how I took the picture. :)

Got mine some days ago but I noticed that pipe joints are numbered 1, 3, 3, 4!!! Number 2 missing... Also rear arms both have a number "1" on them. Should there be a number "2"??? Has anyone experienced that or is it only me??? :D

You're not the only one, this was discussed in another thread. We decided that they have four moulds for these and mould four at a time. They are just numbered so they can find which mould is responsible for any moulding defects. They're all identical, makes no difference to the construction of the kit, and the instructions don't reference these numbers.

And again, both rear arms are meant to be identical, so again could be mould numbers. Anyone have rear arms numbered "2"? I haven't checked my kits yet.

Depends on the person packing the kit, if they include one of each number, or just a random selection.

I have three kits, only one kit came with parts numbered 1, 2, 3, 4.

- James

file the #s off!

they're molding flash leftover from production, 1:1 Funco don't have it so it don't belong on a scale model :D

...1:1 Funco don't have it so it don't belong on a scale model :o

Ha, ha, ha!!! :D

Badboy

That makes me feel better, but still I would prefer it to be 1,2 3,4...

Man you guys are tough to please. For 20 years we have been begging Tamiya to re-release this kit, and now were complaining about imperfect blister packs or parts that don't have continuous mold sequence numbers..LOL..

Build it, stick it on the shelf or run it and smile like you're 15 again.

...run it and smile like you're 15 again.

Couldn't agree more!

Badboy

Man you guys are tough to please. For 20 years we have been begging Tamiya to re-release this kit, and now were complaining about imperfect blister packs or parts that don't have continuous mold sequence numbers..LOL..

Build it, stick it on the shelf or run it and smile like you're 15 again.

YES - it's exactly my opinion. I've built it and now I have fun like I'm 11 again, without thinking about some small differences to the original RR.

And now I know the Germans (like me) are not the only ones being so accurate... :rolleyes:

I didnt get the replacement threaded shafts Tamiya Supplied in the Buggy Champ kits in the seperate bag to replace the poor quality ones that were put into the kits originally.

I asked RC Champ the supplier I purchased my 2 NIB Buggy Champs from about the replacement threaded shafts and got this email back .

Dear Mr.*****

Hello.How are you doing,sir?

This is Hirotaka Suganuma,I'm back from holidays.

I asked Tamiya about missing steering rods,they says they don't put into Buggy Champ kits and they have not heard that parts are included.

If you have any question,please let me know,sir.

Thank you.

Best regards,

RC Adviser Champ

Hirotaka Suganuma

I know these parts were put in the kits to replace faulty rods .

Any suggestions what I should do next ??.

Perhaps the parts bag had a number on it or a parts name so I can pursue this further.

Maybe if I explained it in a better way to RC Champ it might be understood better as I think language might be a barrier .

Stuart

I didnt get the replacement threaded shafts Tamiya Supplied in the Buggy Champ kits in the seperate bag to replace the poor quality ones that were put into the kits originally.

I asked RC Champ the supplier I purchased my 2 NIB Buggy Champs from about the replacement threaded shafts and got this email back .

Dear Mr.*****

Hello.How are you doing,sir?

This is Hirotaka Suganuma,I'm back from holidays.

I asked Tamiya about missing steering rods,they says they don't put into Buggy Champ kits and they have not heard that parts are included.

If you have any question,please let me know,sir.

Thank you.

Best regards,

RC Adviser Champ

Hirotaka Suganuma

I know these parts were put in the kits to replace faulty rods .

Any suggestions what I should do next ??.

Perhaps the parts bag had a number on it or a parts name so I can pursue this further.

Maybe if I explained it in a better way to RC Champ it might be understood better as I think language might be a barrier .

Stuart

send him this pic.

58441_DSCN1949_003.jpg

Thankyou for providing the picture I have just copied it and Iam about to send him an email .

I hope the penny drops when he see's the picture .

Thanks again

Stuart

Thankyou for providing the picture I have just copied it and Iam about to send him an email .

Thanks again

Stuart

Be interesting to hear what he says back to that, mine appears to work fine but would still rather have them if meant to have them!

I'm wanting to paint my Buggy Champ Box Art standard and according to the manual it should be TS-12

I have just found out that in the UK you can no longer purchase TS-12

Having looked around I guess I am going to have to use Humbrol acrylic spray paints.

The Humbrol Orange Acrylic Spray - 150ML looks to "orangy" to me so I may have to use Humbrol Bright Red Acrylic Spray - 150ML

A couple of things

Does anyone know if the Humbrol Orange is the same shade as the TS-12? Is it near enough not to worry about it?

Will one can be sufficient?

Do you have to use Humbrol Matt Primer Acrylic Spray - 150ML prior to painting?

Thanks

I'm wanting to paint my Buggy Champ Box Art standard and according to the manual it should be TS-12

I have just found out that in the UK you can no longer purchase TS-12

Having looked around I guess I am going to have to use Humbrol acrylic spray paints.

The Humbrol Orange Acrylic Spray - 150ML looks to "orangy" to me so I may have to use Humbrol Bright Red Acrylic Spray - 150ML

A couple of things

Does anyone know if the Humbrol Orange is the same shade as the TS-12? Is it near enough not to worry about it?

Will one can be sufficient?

Do you have to use Humbrol Matt Primer Acrylic Spray - 150ML prior to painting?

Thanks

Please take a look here: http://www.modellbau-seidel.de/index.php?f...range,-glänzend

I can highly recommend this shop. They also ship to european countries. If you buy 2 cans you will pay about EUR 16,-- that is about GBP 13.80 I think that could be an acceptable price for you.

Thanks again

Stuart

G'day Swarm,

mate can you let me know the outcome as I havent got them either, my rod ends seems to thread on fine and seem secure but it'd be nice to have the parts anyway :rolleyes:

Handy Hint: Some people have advised that where the pipe joints fit onto the roll bar, it appears to have a bit of free play as the locating hole is bigger than the little lugs on the pipe joints. I got a standard ear bud (Homebrand lol - cheap Aussie store brand) removed the cotton part and inserted the rod into the roll bar holes, then trimed to fit. It holds the pipe joint snuggly onto the roll bar :lol:

G'day Swarm,

mate can you let me know the outcome as I havent got them either, my rod ends seems to thread on fine and seem secure but it'd be nice to have the parts anyway :rolleyes:

Handy Hint: Some people have advised that where the pipe joints fit onto the roll bar, it appears to have a bit of free play as the locating hole is bigger thatn the little lugs on the pipe joints. I got a standard ear bud (Homebrand lol - cheap Aussie store brand) removed the cotton part and inserted the rod into the roll bar holes, then trimed to fit. It holds the pipe joint snuggly onto the roll bar :lol:

Excellent tip will try that as after only one run mine has worn a mark on the roll bar on one side where it rubs up and down! was going to do the silicone thing

shown else where but this sounds neater!

Excellent tip will try that as after only one run mine has worn a mark on the roll bar on one side where it rubs up and down! was going to do the silicone thing

shown else where but this sounds neater!

Happy to help :rolleyes: , I forgot to mention 1 thing, the earbuds I used, the shafts are plastic & hollow so the little lugs fit in nicely.